SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AutoCar reports that Volvo is going to introduce a hatchback based on Focus platform within the next 2-3 years.<P>It will be introduce alongside all-new S40 sports sedan and V50 sportswagon. Its likely to be called C30. <P>Its competitions are VW Golf, Audi A3, Alfa 147, Peugeot's 307 and BMW's ugly 3-Series Compact.<P>

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
In addition to the 30, from what CAR says, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 20 to compete with the MB A-class and the Audi A2. I guess it'd have to work on the Fiesta platform (also home to the Ka and the Puma), but that's what Reitzle wants according to the folks at CAR.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is that C30 to be introduced in Europe in two or three years... or the States... or both?<P>I've been eyeing the new Mini Cooper but if a new Volvo hot hatch came to the States in a two-to-three-year timeframe, I'd think again.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Hmmm, that'd be interesting. I wonder if they'll bring it here. Certainly if gas prices go up, it could happen, though the Golf is certainly not the lightening seller in the VW lineup, and this is a staple car in the VW stable. This is VWs world car, whereas the same cannot be said for Volvo. I'd like to see it happen, though I wonder if it will. I doubt we'll see the 20 though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts