SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Almost 80 years old, it now makes a grand comeback as an updated logotype - the Volvo iron symbol. From a less prominent position in the grille of all Volvo vehicles for many years, the logo has now been brought back into the centre. Literally.

When the decision was taken to start producing Volvo cars in August 1926, financial backer Svenska Kullagerfabriken - SKF - reactivated a company that had been idle since 1920 for the purpose. The name of that company was VOLVO and it had been formed in 1915 for the manufacture and marketing of bearings for the automotive industry.

Full Story

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'm just waiting for some idiot to say that volvo copied Nissan's logo and stuck an arrow on the corner.

But yep, good to see the iron logo about to be back in full swing. Volvomedia is still saying that the logo shouldn't be used until April 1st, but its use is already quite apparent

Modified by VolvoLT at 12:57 PM 3-14-2006

·
Registered
668 Posts
Re: (Shomare)

you knew it was coming,,,,,,,,,,,,

Oh no! Volvo's got my mojo, what ever shall I do?
Maybe I could shag you for it? baby, what yah say baby are you 'up' for it you know I am, c'mon baby yah!

The best is when I heard someone say;
"Volvo should do some research about using the 'man' symbol on their cars"

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: Volvo's Iron Logo Back in the Center ([email protected])

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »

I http://********************/smile/emlove.gif it!

Best Volvo emblem EVER!

Yannis

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Looks good...saw this in the center of an '06 (I believe) steering wheel recently. I like it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts