SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,276 Posts
Re: Volvo's alienation of owners (swedishiron)

As others have stated, this sounds like a dealer problem, not a manufacturers problem. Volvo has an excellent reputation for parts availability for their older models.

Like another poster sez, y'all need to find an independent Volvo shop. They will be happy to work on your 780.

Is it a V-6? Good luck if it is.

· Registered
1,276 Posts
To date, the only post I have ever seen with positive comment about the PRV V6. I had read that the later ones were better, most were truly a pos. This may have a lot to do with why a dealer hesitates to work on your car.

Do like Letterman, time for a blown Ford V8 transplant.

· Registered
1,276 Posts
Re: (swedishiron)

And we think that you ought to adjust your attitude to conform to the realities of the marketplace. Did you ever consider that maybe the reason no dealer or indie is willing to touch your car is the loose nut behind the wheel?

No independent shop wants a problem customer with unrealistic expectations, which is exactly what you have. The shop always ends up losing money, the dollars received can't make up for all the trouble caused. They have all learned this the hard way and avoid them like the plague.

If you came into my shop with the attitude you display, I wouldn't touch your car either, no matter what kind of car it was. On top of that, you have a motor that is known to be a major problem. And you still wonder why people run away from working on your car?

The fact that you had no idea that the PRV6 motor is notorious for problems prior to posting here demonstrates your level of knowledge on this subject.

I am reminded of the mother watching the high school band parade by and thinking, "Everyone in the entire band is out of step but my son!"

· Registered
1,276 Posts
Re: (swedishiron)

Ignorant huh? You consistently refuse to recognize the reason why no one will work on your car. Why is it no dealer or indie wants anything to do with you? The answer is in your mirror.

Numerous people have attempted to assist and enlighten you. Your response is to mock or argue. Now you resort to name calling, how mature. Good luck with your problems.

P.S. If I am so ignorant, how come I apparently know more about your car than you do?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.