SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who needs Sunday night eye candy? Figure I post a few photo's from a VCoC meet that happened just west of Toronto this afternoon. Some very rare models representing the Volvo community, a few SwedeSpeeders made it out as well...

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
very nice!

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Now that's what I call a Volvo meet! very cool! I love the mix of cars . . .
Thanks MadMark! That was a treat this evening...

Also this is pretty cool. It's great when designers go back to hint at older models.
We all know about the C30 rear window flash back but in a smaller way this rear fender details reminds me of the V40. Pretty neat I think. I hope it's no coincidence :)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Great pics guys. It turned out to be a nice day and there were a lot of nice cars there. I think my favourite was that navy blue 142. Makes me wish i still had my 240. It was nice to finally meet you guys this weekend :)

·
Super Moderator
15,197 Posts
I recognize a lot of these cars! From here and from other meets :)

Nice pics, looks like y'all were playing car hide and seek in the trees with some of those shots.

The S60 looks kind of funny with projector beams, though I bet they illuminate a lot more.

·
Super Moderator
15,197 Posts
it looks badass :cool:
I see what you did there.
You should see the Canadian's interior, the whole car is sick! Complete with a touch screen center console and push button start.

sorry, I guess most at this meet were Canadians, but we only had two at the dragon, so they were THE Canadians

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now that's what I call a Volvo meet! very cool! I love the mix of cars . . .
Thanks MadMark! That was a treat this evening...

Also this is pretty cool. It's great when designers go back to hint at older models.
We all know about the C30 rear window flash back but in a smaller way this rear fender details reminds me of the V40. Pretty neat I think. I hope it's no coincidence :)

Have always been a fan of the 1800... such a beautiful car all around! The VW Karmann Ghia shares a very close resemblance to the 1800, but my favorite distinctive feature has gotta be the elongated front end - I would say that ES was my top pick at that show. The owner had that car in MINT condition...

Speaking of P1800's... there's a few renderings out there (source unknown) if Volvo reproduced this model to today's standards.

Original...

Karmann Ghia

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think there is something happening in late July or early August with this Volvo club, check out the upcoming dates in the events section.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.