SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
PicsAdded! Volvo122S 1966 Coupe (Orignal Paint)

Hello there,
It has been a while since I have logged into Swedespeed. But will like to test the waters here and post my ambition for sale. I am posting my Volvo122S from 1966. It is in outstanding condition. Not a perfect or show car coupe, there are some Cons but for all the 122s's out there mine holds his ground. Just want to test the waters and see what interested buyers will like to offer for my car. Would not like to get rid of my beloved Volv but have to start to figure out how to pay my remaining school loan out. If you are interested please feel free to email me here on swedespeed or at [email protected].

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
If it's truly never been repainted then I'd ask somewhere between $7k and $10k for it. A rust free california body as straight as that is worth it even without the engine in my opinion. Given that the vast majority of these cars from the rest of the country have rust *somewhere*.

Engines are easy and relatively inexpensive to recreate. Good bodies aren't. Sorry to hear you're thinking about letting it go, if I had spare cash and a place to put it I'd pick it up just for how nice it is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your input LloydDobler, I will keep that in mind.
and yeah after much thought I am leaning toward it.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
I was thinking about it and no offense but your pictures are all pretty bad. If you used a good camera (or just got some good light and framing) and showed the interior as well, and if you take the front bumper bolts loose and straighten it to fix the gaps on the sides, that might be a $12k-$15k car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice 122

Nice looking car. I'm in the processor restoring a 1968 wagon. Could you tell me about your wheels and tires? What exactly are they and what size tire are you running? Was there body work required for clearance? Has the car been lowered? If so, how much? Which Weber carb system are you running? Can you tell me how its performance compares to stock?
Thank you and good luck with your car.

·
Registered
145 Posts
LloydDobler-nicely put on the photos and actionable suggestions! It will without a doubt help him sell if he wants to!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts