SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i drive a volvo xc90 2004 t6 awd and have a problem with the engine.when i drive the car and then switch it off,it doesn't want to start again then i have to wait about a hour or two for it to start.when i scan it with diagnostics it throws out (water temp sendor) so do you think this could be the reason and where is this sensor situated?thank you in advance

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay thanx I'll look for it I'm not familiar with the volvo as yet so wil see if i get it thank you?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
http://www.ipdusa.com/products/7015/114985-thermostat-assembly-housing-2002-2006-s80-xc90-t6-b6294t, on the housing. T-stat is located on the passenger side of the engine, right in center and right behind the timing belt cover. If you get a light and shine it down on that side of the engine, you'll see a small hose coming out of the cover. That's the T-stat bleeder hose to the coolant tank. If (IF) you decide to take the cover off yourself, be EXTREMELY careful of the hose connector and the plastic nipple (the black plastic thing on the side of the photos), both are very fragile from repetitive heat of the engine and can break easily.

Perhaps a better question is why the sensor is throwing a code? Do you see the gauge on the dashboard in the red? Would think maybe it's the connector but you say it works after some time (engine cools down?). You have plenty of coolant n the tank? Likely not a failed pump as if it were to seize your post would be about how your engine is broken (timing belt runs the water pump).

Odd problem, good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey thank you helped a lot the car doesn't over heat or nothing.the water level stays the same everything the pump is also working checked that aswell

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay so i fitted the water temperature sensor.boom error gone but car still won't start then i decided too take out the cranksensor and this is what it looked like do you think that the scratched bottom can be the cause of the car not starting?any help would be appreciated.thank you in advance

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
You can try shimming the sensor so it's not hitting, it could also be the balancer too. I would definitely investigate further.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay thank you i want to sell the car so if i can just get it running again and engine light off i can sell the car

1 - 10 of 10 Posts