SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Im having recurring problems with it dropping water from the inner rearview mirror in my car (has panoramic glass roof) when I leave the car to get it fixed, the Volvo workshop says that it is because the drainage is clogged .. the problem is this happens quite often, such as example the workshop has cleaned the drainage 4 times this year, last week and today it is leaking again ... almost feels like there is something else wrong.

Is this an common problem

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello
Im having recurring problems with it dropping water from the inner rearview mirror in my car (has panoramic glass roof) when I leave the car to get it fixed, the Volvo workshop says that it is because the drainage is clogged .. the problem is this happens quite often, such as example the workshop has cleaned the drainage 4 times this year, last week and today it is leaking again ... almost feels like there is something else wrong.

It's definitely not clogged drains at that point. The Sunroof has a factory flaw, checkout that Tech Journal, Take pictures and show the dealership. Mine has the same leak and it's been a struggle getting the dealer to fix it in the first go but they are at least receptive to my google fu (and swede speed searches).

·
Registered
19 Posts
This has happened to mine twice - the first time they replaced the sunroof tray and gasket, the second time they replaced the gasket (again). They also cleaned out the drain lines, but there's definitely more than just the cleaning to actually fix it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just to follow up on trying to get this fixed the first time from my reply. It appears the tech found the leak and the guy on the phone said it was a seal or something, I asked about the tray and he said it was "that one".
So far my only complaint is that I didn't just drive north into the big city and hit up an exclusively Volvo dealer, dealing with a Volvo/Nissan dealer is proving to be a sub par experience. The tech seems to be doing a decent job at troubleshooting but getting any update from the service desk is pretty abysmal and has taken me calling them. The front desk guy told me he "..cant look up Tech journals so don't be sending me that". I'm holding my feedback for now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello

Had a similar issue (water dripping down around rear view mirror) in my XC90 2018 (after TJ tray issue in 2016 models was subsequently fixed in production). Initial dealer response focused on sun roof drain tubes, but the actual issue was the windshield seal. Took a second trip to ID the actual issue and no repeat problems since.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts