SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what this sounds is? Prior to the noise starting, a mechanic looked at the front break calipers. He said he removed the calipers to inspect the pads and put the calipers back onto the break rotors. Noise more noticeable when turning and accelerating or going over bumps.

Video: https://youtu.be/tcOKE6Lf0tc

I am thinking either CV joint, bearings, or upper strut spring seat mount...?

Thank you!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Check your tie rod ends (inner and outer) and sway bar endlinks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm also fighting this battle. Mine doesnt sound like that though. My spouse called me today and said it sounds like you're on a rollercoaster when it pulls you up the first major hill.. i've heard people say strut bearings, and CV joints. I apologize for hijacking.. Didn't seem necessary to make new post about it. I appreciate the video. Maybe I'll do the same today.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
So I have experienced both.. clicking when turning is usually audible when turning and keeping the window rolled down. You hear it by the wheel. Metallic clicking. Now if you pull the wheel while jacked up and turn the wheel left and right, you can put your hand up on the mount and you will feel the popping in the mount if that is the suspect.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sounds like the front sway bar end links to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts