SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2012 XC60 only flashes a small light on the instrument panel when starting to fasten the seat belts. If you do not fasten them, there is not a chime or warning light if you drive the vehicle. You can drive and unfasten any seatbelt as well, with no warnings. My dealer says this is how Volvo builds them now.
I am curious as to how that gets approved in the US by the authorities. Is my dealer correct with this?

·
Registered
365 Posts
I was quite surprised when I noticed the same thing too. The alarm rings whenever anyone else takes their belt off after the car is in motion, but it never rings about the driver belt. I dont mind, nor miss it. But, I too thought it was interesting after I noticed the fact.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Check my previous post. It is definitely a serious problem. I am going to check it up when I am going to my first service.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Mine chimes when I take in motion. I remember specifically because every night I come down the block, I take it off at the same spot before I get to the driveway to open the gate... I did notice that one time in a different situation I took it off and it didnt chime. I'll investigate more ...

·
Registered
304 Posts
I can't reproduce my problem. Whenever I take off the belt while in motion, I get the chime. Ive been the only passenger for a while, so I can't test the passenger side since I can't foul out the seat sensor to pretend to have a real passenger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts