SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I get this letter in the mail today from the local dealer where I purchased my V50 2 years ago. They say they are interested in buying it back. In return, I can move into a new ride. Basically, they are looking for used cars and want to make more money. <p>However, I wasn't planning on selling my car. It is trouble free and was one of the first V50s to make it to cleveland in 2004. I bought it out of random b/c we were originally planning to buy a s40 for my wife... it turned out that i liked the wagon so much that we decided to buy it... she ended up with her roadster...<p>If it turns out that if I do not loose money on the car, I will consider another V50 but one with a T5 6sd or a V70R. Granted, I will pay something extra for the R. <p>so my question is this, What are your thoughts? Which wagon should I consider?<p>V50 T5 6spd or V70R 6spd? <p> I like the small compact V50 but the V70R is really cool... however, it is up in age. Id prefer to keep Ttec seats over leather in the V50. But the natural brown in the R is super cool...too.<p>If in the end, the numbers dont work out, Im not concerned b/c I really like my trouble free wagon...<p>Thanks for listening. Any responses will help....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just curious... What are the specs of your V50? Is is a 2.4i? I'm trying to decide about leasing a V50 2.4i and wouldn't mind a used one but they don't exist yet.<p>Send me the specs, millage and price... I live in Detroit area so I could defiantly travel to Cleveland to pick it up...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. my wagon is a 2.4i, 28800 miles, black/black ttec, auto, roof rails, rubber mats, cargo mat. Very clean, well-maintained. I dont know going rate off hand. I will have to get back to you on that.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Re: Volvo wants my V50... (goinsurfin6)

This sounds like one of the new selling techniques I read about. <br><A HREF="http://www.edmunds.com/advice/buying/articles/42962/page007.html" TARGET="_blank">http://www.edmunds.com/advice/....html</A><p>

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts

They don't want your car. They want you to buy a new one. From them. If you want a new car, talk to them. Otherwise, throw the letter away (which is what I'd do).<p>Tom.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Re: Volvo wants my V50... (tmtalpey)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>tmtalpey</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They don't want your car. They want you to buy a new one. From them. If you want a new car, talk to them. Otherwise, throw the letter away (which is what I'd do).</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Agreed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Re: Volvo wants my V50... (CINCYFAN)

Honda did the same thing with me when I had my last car. They went as far to say "We NEED your car and are AUTHORIZED to pay MORE than Bluebook" or something like that. It's marketing, and I'm sure it's working on some. Find out what deals they really are going to give!

·
Registered
21,166 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>goinsurfin6</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So I get this letter in the mail today from the local dealer where I purchased my V50 2 years ago. They say they are interested in buying it back. In return, I can move into a new ride. Basically, they are looking for used cars and want to make more money. </TD></TR></TABLE><p>It's called.....marketing. They need to sell new cars.<p><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>goinsurfin6</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If it turns out that if I do not loose money on the car, I will consider another V50 but one with a T5 6sd or a V70R. Granted, I will pay something extra for the R. </TD></TR></TABLE><p>What are you smoking? Of course you will lose money on your car. It's called depreciation. You may have equity in the trade but you will not get anything close to what you bought it for.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I figured that I'd get hosed one way or another.... but it also gave me the opportunity to dream up the next ride... I'm passing on their offer. <p>However, my wife still wants me to stop in and test drive something so that she can have the free expresso maker they are giving away.... just for taking a free test ride... thanks for the comments...

·
Registered
908 Posts
Re: (goinsurfin6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>goinsurfin6</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">However, my wife still wants me to stop in and test drive something so that she can have the free expresso maker they are giving away.... just for taking a free test ride... thanks for the comments...</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Which dealer is giving away the expresso maker? Is it Motorcars, Leikin or West Side? My wife is dead set on keeping her Odyssey until the kids are older but I'd be willing to stop in, test drive a V70 and take home a free gift!!<p>I bought at Motorcars and am very happy with their service department and follow up.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I picked up my ride from westside. they too, are great to work with... the only issued I've had was in the spring, a valet driver backed into it and smashed up the driver side door.... It took about 2 weeks to get my car back. Overall, I'm pretty happy with them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts