SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Just let it go man. Yes, you finally admitted you made a mistake and edited out the egregious attack. Bravo. Slow clap.

But you still have to get in a last word about how you feel you were done wrong, and how everyone else has a problem and needs to learn a lesson and how everyone else ganged up on someone else who made the same mistake as you (just checked btw, don’t see it in this thread, or in a cursory search of the forum, so..)

As for how people behave in real life?

This is the equivalent of a bunch of guys getting together at cars and coffee or something and one guy walks in and starts loudly badmouthing the sponsor about something stupid, and so people pile on, and call him out. If he’d just say “oh my bad, sorry”, and either hang out quietly and look at cars or leave with his tail between his legs it would be all cool and people would let it drop by the next meetup.

But no, you spend the next hour at the meeting arguing your point until it’s painfully obvious how wrong your are, and then even after you finally admit you were wrong you spend the next hour of the meet whining about how mean everyone was to you when you were raging on before and saying “You guys are really horrible and need to learn a lesson in humility and I bet you people are terrible to be around on the internet because you’re really horrible in real life.”

I mean. Dude. I get it. You like getting the last word in. But there’s a whole forum full of people here who like getting the last word in too and you’re kinda depending on every single last one of them letting you do it. Just let it go, move on, let the thread die, and we’ll all see you in the next thread.

·
Registered
4,750 Posts
The way we talk to people on the internet? Everyone was pretty well behaved, I'd say. I've seen way worse.

But I get it. We are all the bad guys. It has nothing to do with how quickly you run to the internet to bad mouth a business because of a mistake you made. It's still everyone else's fault.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Are you two still pointing out the mistake? Are your heads too thick to see what I posted? Or maybe you're not able to read? I said I spoke with Mike ON THE PHONE and apologized. I owe you guys absolutely nothing as far as I'm concerned. You guys have utterly destroyed my impression of this forum having only constructive people.

In fact @Tech, the way you talk to people working for Volvo should be a concern for them. You spend more time high horsing about how others know less than you and how you're all knowing about Volvos because you work on them for a living. No wonder you don't have a customer facing job. I'd rather see someone like Mike then you. I sincerely hope you aren't working on my car with that attitude.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Are you two still pointing out the mistake? Are your heads too thick to see what I posted? Or maybe you're not able to read? I said I spoke with Mike ON THE PHONE and apologized. I owe you guys absolutely nothing as far as I'm concerned. You guys have utterly destroyed my impression of this forum having only constructive people.

In fact @Tech, the way you talk to people working for Volvo should be a concern for them. You spend more time high horsing about how others know less than you and how you're all knowing about Volvos because you work on them for a living. No wonder you don't have a customer facing job. I'd rather see someone like Mike then you. I sincerely hope you aren't working on my car with that attitude.
No, we’ve moved on from that. Now we’re calling you out for having a rager about how mean everyone else is for pointing out you made a mistake. It’s insufferable really. Let it go.

As for Tech, he’s probably one of the nicest most helpful sources of information on the forum. The fact that he’s calling you out says something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,750 Posts
Yes I did review the terms before signing. However, look closely at the differences between gold and platinum. There aren't much. And it certainly doesn't mention this part not being covered
maybe you're not able to read?
This is funny.

I don't have a customer facing job becuase I'm not good at dealing with people like you. Customer service these days means giving anyone who whines on the internet whatever they want and I don't agree with that. That has nothing to do with how I do my job.

Now If you'll excuse me, I've got a horse to feed.

·
Premium Member
2020 V90 Inscription T6 (all options except upgrade stereo and rear wheel air suspension)
420 Posts
This is funny.

I don't have a customer facing job becuase I'm not good at dealing with people like you. Customer service these days means giving anyone who whines on the internet whatever they want and I don't agree with that. That has nothing to do with how I do my job.

Now If you'll excuse me, I've got a horse to feed.
Totally agree! I had a customer-facing job for 35 years. When I dealt with calm and thoughtful people, it was a joy. When I dealt with arrogant "you're wrong/I'm right people", those who took no responsibility for their actions and/or people who were not courteous, I wanted to quit and go fishing. Thank goodness I was able to retire early!

TWO of my former co-workers, with customer-facing jobs like mine, were carted out feet-first from their desks, after suffering fatal heart attacks. My belief is that the aggravation from their job, particularly from some of their customers, was a significant contributor. All of our "customers" were internal company employees, often at executive management level, and some wete extremely difficult to deal with. IMO, our world would be a better place if we could do a better job of treating others like we would like to be treated ourselves.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
I bought my Volvo VIP Gold warranty on 12/31/2020 as my factory warranty on my 2017 Volvo XC90 t6 Momentum Plus was expiring. I paid $2600 for a 7 year warranty and I'm covered till 101,000 miles. Or so I thought.

First off, debating VIP Gold vs. Platinum warranty. There is absolutely nothing in the documentation provided that shows any marked coverage exclusions or inclusions on the platinum over the Gold. All I kept hearing was, platinum covers what Gold doesn't. But nothing to show exactly what.

One thing I will say about the Volvo VIP Gold Warranty is that they play alot of games. It's a rip off if you ask me, but if you plan to keep your car past the factory warranty you don't have any other extended warranty option that won't do the same.

Roll your dice with any extended warranty, but this so called Volvo VIP warranty is all about what they say is included, what's not mentioned, and what is specifically excluded.

When the Volvo dealership calls their number, they argue something is NOT included therefore its excluded. However, the document goes to spell out specifically what IS excluded but there are many things that fall into the category of "what's not mentioned". So if one of those expensive parts fails, they will just say we didn't say that was included.

I paid $2600 for a "Volvo" extended warranty for a Volvo dealership (not steingold Volvo) to argue with another party and say your Volvo extended warranty does not cover what a factory warranty does. You end up feeling like the sucker for falling for this trap. I know I do.
I'll use myself as a prime example. I have a 7 year / 100K Prepaid + Wear Maintenance Plan that was added to my car at purchase in 2016. It included unlimited brakes, rotors, pads, and wipers + all 7 maintenance 30-100k.

Recently, I tried to get new wipers and Volvo magically stated I'd exhausted my plan. I sent them proof of my plan, they said "tough luck" and sent me "proof of the new plan" that went into effect in 2019. I changed strategies and said you sent me the NEW PLAN, I have the Old Plan. Prove to me where there are limits in my specific plan. They could not and admitted I was right.

Point here is you've got to stand your ground. Play devil's advocate. If something is denied, MAKE VOLVO provide the language and verbiage in which the denial is warranted. If they can't, complain to your state's Attorney General's office. If an exclusion isn't spelled out in the contract, then Volvo cannot deny that coverage if a repair is warranted.

You need to read Gold Vs. Platinum Coverage and see if your part is a covered item. From the conversation's here, it appears to be an excluded.

·
Registered
4,750 Posts
I'll use myself as a prime example. I have a 7 year / 100K Prepaid + Wear Maintenance Plan that was added to my car at purchase in 2016. It included unlimited brakes, rotors, pads, and wipers + all 7 maintenance 30-100k.

Recently, I tried to get new wipers and Volvo magically stated I'd exhausted my plan. I sent them proof of my plan, they said "tough luck" and sent me "proof of the new plan" that went into effect in 2019. I changed strategies and said you sent me the NEW PLAN, I have the Old Plan. Prove to me where there are limits in my specific plan. They could not and admitted I was right.

Point here is you've got to stand your ground. Play devil's advocate. If something is denied, MAKE VOLVO provide the language and verbiage in which the denial is warranted. If they can't, complain to your state's Attorney General's office. If an exclusion isn't spelled out in the contract, then Volvo cannot deny that coverage if a repair is warranted.
Did you even read the rest of this thread? Your story has nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Did you even read the rest of this thread? Your story has nothing to do with it.
Yes I did. My post was simply an example of reading the terms and understanding one's contract. I edited my post as I'd forgotten to include this sentence, but it appears you quoted me before I could make the edit.

You need to read Gold Vs. Platinum Coverage and see if your part is a covered item. From the conversation's here, it appears to be an excluded.
None the less, in OP's case, it seems if an item isn't listed, it isn't covered. However, refer to above. If there are any questions to coverage, one can always ask Volvo to Point out the Area which states an "Exclusion". In this case. Gold = Inclusionary Platinum = Exclusionary.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts

On the converse side, you agree to what the contract says. Not what you have in your head that you’re agreeing to.

I deal with this all the time with children. You agree to something very specific. Then they get all bent out of shape that the plan they had worked up all alone in their heads doesn’t happen. For example: “if I babysit, will you take me to the salon for a haircut.” Later at the salon: “but I was gonna get a cut, and my hair dyed, and extensions, and…”

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
On the converse side, you agree to what the contract says. Not what you have in your head that you’re agreeing to.
You are correct. Which is why I used my example as comparison. Reading and understanding the contract is paramount. If you are wrongfully being denied, having a basis for one's counterargument is key.

OP needed to read and understand the terms of his countract.

I deal with this all the time with children. You agree to something very specific. Then they get all bent out of shape that the plan they had worked up all alone in their heads doesn’t happen. For example: “if I babysit, will you take me to the salon for a haircut.” Later at the salon: “but I was gonna get a cut, and my hair dyed, and extensions, and…”

Which is why putting things into writing and understanding an agreement is key. You can do this with teenagers. Make a miniature contract that if you do X, I'll do Y. Teach them about importance of understanding the terms of agreement and eliminates further arguments an ambiguity.

OP has the Gold Plan. It appears his part isn't covered. Shortcoming being he didn't fully read and understand the terms at time of purchase.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Which is why putting things into writing and understanding an agreement is key. You can do this with teenagers. Make a miniature contract that if you do X, I'll do why. Teach them about importance of understanding the terms of agreement and eliminates further arguments an ambiguity.
Very true. However, they may still go air their grievances on social media like a child. But of course, they’re children. You are quite correct though, I do think that learning those lessons early in life will save them considerable frustration and embarrassment as adults.

·
Registered
164 Posts

Grow up jerk, you started all this first and you should expect backfire.
And being a customer doesn't mean other people need to treat you like a king, this is a forum, you can't expect Tech to treat you like a customer even if his job is customer facing.
Yeah Mike treated you nicely even though you treated him like trash (public bashing) for your own mistake. I believe most people don't think you deserve it.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Grow up jerk, you started all this first and you should expect backfire.
And being a customer doesn't mean other people need to treat you like a king, this is a forum, you can't expect Tech to treat you like a customer even if his job is customer facing.
Yeah Mike treated you nicely even though you treated him like trash (public bashing) for your own mistake. I believe most people don't think you deserve it.
Look this is unnecessary. Mike from Steingold offered a refund or to upgrade his plan to Platinum. A very generous gesture, as Mike is all about customer service. I say let him handle this and let's not devolve the forum into an online Jerry Springer esque throwing of insults.

Op was wrong. We all screw up and make embarrassing mistakes. A little humility goes a long way.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Very true. However, they may still go air their grievances on social media like a child. But of course, they’re children. You are quite correct though, I do think that learning those lessons early in life will save them considerable frustration and embarrassment as adults.

It's the fine print that gets you! We've all gotten bit by it I'm sure at one point or another in our lives. Teachers us to be a bit more wise on the next go around.

The age of Hover Parents, Twitter Fights, Facebooking one's entire life, etc. Ain't it grand! :rolleyes:. Kids don't realize that everything they see and do doesn't need posted online. As some things are best not shared, and can come back and haunt you later on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tell them you want to discuss this (in person) with the zone Volvo factory rep and threaten them that you're going to go to your state MVD to complain (if they're open!)
"Inclusionary/Exclusionary" you can see it both ways. Where does it state that specifically what is not "included is excluded?
Wear items are usually brakes, tires, etc. Components you used every day to operate the vehicle. Any "motor" should be considered "electrical." Does the Gold plan cover electrical components?
Remember, "the squeaky wheel gets the most grease!"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tell them you want to discuss this (in person) with the zone Volvo factory rep and threaten them that you're going to go to your state MVD to complain (if they're open!)
"Inclusionary/Exclusionary" you can see it both ways. Where does it state that specifically what is not "included is excluded?
Wear items are usually brakes, tires, etc. Components you used every day to operate the vehicle.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Wear items are usually brakes, tires, etc. Components you used every day to operate the vehicle. Any "motor" should be considered "electrical." Does the Gold plan cover electrical components?
I suggest you look at the warranties first. They are spelled out very simply.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,750 Posts

Did you even read the thread?

·
Registered
47 Posts
$1000 (2) tailgate pulldown power motor. It's part of the rear tension spring assembly. Failed at 35,000miles.

I am in communication with VCNA, they need to understand that something that carries the Volvo name is brand recognized as being part of their organization. If a factory Volvo warranty is better than a Volvo VIP warranty, it needs to be clearly disclosed. I am praying at this point they will good will fix it, but I would hate for one of you to take on an extended warranty under false pretenses.
Isn’t that an “electrical” motor then ??

61 - 80 of 97 Posts