SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Actually, according to you and a few other members, its not ok to make a mistake. Based on your approach, it isn't allowed, and you need to keep repeating that a mistake was made and I was a clear imbecile for not knowing as much as you about inclusion vs. exclusion. So I would say that you also need revision in this case, but that's not needed because you don't make mistakes, right?

And the fact that you said I won't get far anywhere because of my attitude speaks volumes about your nature and how you deal with others. You must be very approachable because humility is not your strong suit.

I spoke with Steingold Volvo, and they helped me to change my plan to Platinum. As far as my current repairs, I will pay for that out of pocket most likely to the tune of $1065.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Actually, according to you and a few other members, its not ok to make a mistake. Based on your approach, it isn't allowed, and you need to keep repeating that a mistake was made and I was a clear imbecile for not knowing as much as you about inclusion vs. exclusion. So I would say that you also need revision in this case, but that's not needed because you don't make mistakes, right?

And the fact that you said I won't get far anywhere because of my attitude speaks volumes about your nature and how you deal with others. You must be very approachable because humility is not your strong suit.

I spoke with Steingold Volvo, and they helped me to change my plan to Platinum. As far as my current repairs, I will pay for that out of pocket most likely to the tune of $1065.
I'm still wondering what the "false pretenses" are under the VIP warranties.

I'm glad Steingold helped you even after you bashed them on the forum they graciously sponsor. Hopefully you can come to peace with this whole ordeal.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
164 Posts
I am guessing you all never made any mistakes in your lives. Thank for the abundance of repetitive bashing on the glories of the Volvo Platinum warranty over Gold and how I screwed up. Really top notch.

I will take up Steingold Volvo on their offer and see what my options are for changing to Platinum.
YOU started the public bash FIRST, don't play weak now.
People usually admits their own mistakes and learn from them.
You blame others and bash good people for your own mistake, that's hilarious.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts

No, making mistakes is totally cool. That’s how we learn, by making mistakes and then finding out how we were wrong and moving forward.

I just want to clear something up. If you look back up at the thread, absolutely nobody used the word “imbecile” until you did, because that would have been mean and totally not helpful. Nobody here thinks you’re an imbecile just because we had to explain the same thing over and over. The internet can be a very judgmental place, and though I can’t speak for everyone, I would like to publicly, and for the record, say that you are not an imbecile, and I don’t think anybody here thinks that.

Really, this kind of mistake could have happened to anyone here. I mean, it didn’t, but it totally could have happened to anyone and there’s absolutely no shame in it at all. None.

If anybody here is to blame, it’s clearly Steingold Volvo. In this day and age, nobody should be expected to read and understand contracts before spending thousands of dollars, and they should know that. And to top it off, instead of telling you to pound sand after you walked in and publicly called them out by name, they actually turned the other cheek and tried to fix the issue. Clearly they’re just doing that to strip this thread of it’s righteous indignation. That kind of customer service is totally uncalled for, and I for one will not stand idly by and let them get away with it without calling them out. Absolutely not. No sir. For shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: badcyclist and Tech

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
I am guessing you all never made any mistakes in your lives. Thank for the abundance of repetitive bashing on the glories of the Volvo Platinum warranty over Gold and how I screwed up. Really top notch.

I will take up Steingold Volvo on their offer and see what my options are for changing to Platinum.
You came here to try to drag Steingold through the mud. Several people pointed out the differences, which are very clearly outlined on their website but you insisted you read everything and there were "very few differences" and wouldn't admit to a mistake until now. Mistakes are fine. We all make them. But the way you handled it by seemingly trying to blame Steingold and then contacting VCNA to pay for the repair is where many here took issue.

·
Registered
‘19 t6 inscription silver/brown w/air, b&w, lux, polestar, 21’s, etc
131 Posts
😂😂 from aggressively claiming you were cheated despite people explaining how you were not, to getting defensive when you finally accepted that you were wrong. What’s missing here? How about an apology or at least a retraction. Steingold is being a lot nicer to you than I would’ve been

·
Registered
841 Posts
When I bought my extended warranty from Steingold in 2016, the plan was simply and clearly named "Exclusionary Warranty." The name change to Gold and Platinum might have muddied the water a little bit.

When I went to the Steingold website just now, it was perfectly clear that the Platinum plan is exclusionary because it explicitly said so right at the top. It was less clear to me that the Gold plan was inclusionary, because it did not explicitly say so at the top of the page. So I can see why someone might have been confused and made a mistake. Personally, I think that Volvo could be a little clearer about the nature of the Gold warranty.

Reactions: rahul1023

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I am guessing you all never made any mistakes in your lives. . . Really top notch.

So today I'm at a 4-way intersection waiting for the red light to turn green and go straight. Opposite me is a dude with his left blinker on. The light turns green, we both move forward but the dude starts turning in front of me thinking he has the right of way (instead of yielding to straight traffic) but luckily stops before fully entering my lane. In past situations most people wave "mea culpa, my bad" seeing the error of what they did, and i wave back "no worries". But this guy, as I pass by, doubles down and screams "a--hole" at me. Interesting. I took a moment to put myself in his universe and came up empty for his thinking and behavior. You remind me of this guy.

Customer wrongly bashes Steingold.
Steingold helps customer.
Steingold shows class.
Customer -----------------------.

a) graciously says "mea culpa, my bad!"
b) thanks Steingold for helping and apologizes for the bashing. (How many companies today bend over backwards to help like this anymore for customers?)
c) a and b
d) perpetuates that it's all a big lie and that he's the victim despite all the fact-checking.

·
Registered
164 Posts
So today I'm at a 4-way intersection waiting for the red light to turn green and go straight. Opposite me is a dude with his left blinker on. The light turns green, we both move forward but the dude starts turning in front of me thinking he has the right of way (instead of yielding to straight traffic) but luckily stops before fully entering my lane. In past situations most people wave "mea culpa, my bad" seeing the error of what they did. But this guy, as I pass by, doubles down and screams "a--hole" at me. Interesting. I took a moment to put myself in his universe and came up empty for his thinking and behavior. You remind me of this guy.

Customer wrongly bashes Steingold.
Steingold helps customer.
Steingold shows class.
Customer __ .

a) graciously says "mea culpa, my bad!"
b) thanks Steingold for helping and apologizes for the bashing.
c) perpetuates that it's all a big lie and that he's the victim despite all the fact-checking.
I suspect that past experience of being the "squeaky wheel" got OP certain benefits so that he showed no hesitation of using it on everything else.
And I don't think OP is an imbecile, he is a pretty clever dude that knows how to maximize his own benefit, regardless of means.
Bravo!

·
Premium Member
2020 V90 Inscription T6 (all options except upgrade stereo and rear wheel air suspension)
420 Posts
It’s one thing to make a mistake. It’s ok to be wrong about something.

Being aggressively and stubbornly wrong about something and snarky with everyone trying to help you understand your actual situation?

Nope. That kind of attitude isn’t going to get you far anywhere, not just here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Double Amen!!

·
Premium Member
2020 V90 Inscription T6 (all options except upgrade stereo and rear wheel air suspension)
420 Posts
I can understand OP's confusion with VIP, but not the accusatory, unfounded and unapologetic arrogance towards Steingold. In my book, anything short of a full and public apology to Steingold is unacceptable, particularly after OP accepted their VIP migration offer to platinum.

Hopefully this thread can help get this forum back to owners asking for advice and sharing their experiences with their vehicles in a calm manner.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
It was less clear to me that the Gold plan was inclusionary, because it did not explicitly say so at the top of the page. So I can see why someone might have been confused and made a mistake. Personally, I think that Volvo could be a little clearer about the nature of the Gold warranty.
I’ll restate earlier suggestion, change Gold “features” to “coverages”.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I just read this thread and I can't believe so many of you wasted your time on this troll. I agree with kevintinple. He got what he wanted by trying to throw steingold under the bus. Let's not rubber neck. We all know they're good, OP bad.

·
Registered
2016 V60 Cross Country, 2020 V60 Cross Country (Polestar optimized)
66 Posts
Well, the good news is this thread did get me reading more about the warranty deals Steingold has, and I purchased a 10 year unlimited mile platinum extension from them 💅

that’s a little bit of a fib, I bought the warranty a few days prior, along with a prepaid maintenance plan. I think it’s great that they offer discounts to this forum (I was able to use two of them, $700). I will certainly sleep more soundly knowing I have these coverages in place.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I suspect that past experience of being the "squeaky wheel" got OP certain benefits so that he showed no hesitation of using it on everything else.
And I don't think OP is an imbecile, he is a pretty clever dude that knows how to maximize his own benefit, regardless of means.
Bravo!
I think the old saying would apply, "You live by the sword - you die by the sword".

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
If you look closely, all references to the title and thread which had the word "Steingold" have been removed. I already admitted the oversight on my end. There were 2 places where steingold was mentioned and then it clearly stated Gold vs. Platinum. I did apologize to Mike personally on the phone and expressed my gratitude in the amicable resolution to this. Maybe this serves as an example of the difference between Gold vs. Platinum for someone else. If not, we have a great group of individuals sitting behind their phones and laptops ready to fire shots.

·
Registered
968 Posts
If you look closely, all references to the title and thread which had the word "Steingold" have been removed. I already admitted the oversight on my end. There were 2 places where steingold was mentioned and then it clearly stated Gold vs. Platinum. I did apologize to Mike personally on the phone and expressed my gratitude in the amicable resolution to this. Maybe this serves as an example of the difference between Gold vs. Platinum for someone else. If not, we have a great group of individuals sitting behind their phones and laptops ready to fire shots.
Swallow your pride and move on. You're still trying to deflect, when you really just need to reflect and stop at that.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
This is precisely my point. Even my last post went on deaf ears. You guys need to stop at this point. I even said I made a mistake and changed my post yet we all need to keep pointing out a mistake is made.

One other guy also got confused between Gold & Platinum and you all stomped on him. I really hope you guys find some humility in your lives because the way you talk to people on the internet is not human.

41 - 60 of 97 Posts