SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I would like to get the Volvo Vida program for my R but Im a little confused. When Ive looked for them on ebay Ive seen tons of different "versions" such as 2010D, 2013A, 2014A, 2014D, 2015 etc etc etc.. Whats the difference between all these and whats the newest one available?

Also I have the IPD MTE OBD II cables already.. will those work with the VIDA program or do I have to buy new cables too?

Thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
569 Posts
I've used http://www.aliexpress.com/ to buy my VIDA/DICE based on another Forum (matthews) recommendation.
As far as I see its 93 USD inc shipping. Checked and it is compatible/meets the requirement for Hilton Tuning: http://hiltontuning.com/DiCECompatibilityCheck.pdf

Store name: Shenzhen Zeus Technology Co., Ltd.

I have 2014 A and 2014D installed as virtual machines.

Package comes with cables and install media, no need for extra cables.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
The difference between the years and model #s are the versions. So a 2012a is 2 years older than a 2014a program.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The difference between the years and model #s are the versions. So a 2012a is 2 years older than a 2014a program.
Whats the difference between the A & D programs? I kinda assumed the year thing.. not sure what the letter means..

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
A is the first version that year. If they come out with 5 different versions or updates in a year there will be an A,B,C,D,E model.

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6

·
Registered
829 Posts
If you aren't sure which one to buy, someone sells them with everything you need and instructions in the classified section on here for $170 shipped.

·
Registered
569 Posts
As you have a 2007 car, it doesn't really matter which version you go for. I got the 2014 A with the package and got the 2014D from 'another' source. Both versions are working just fine.

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A is the first version that year. If they come out with 5 different versions or updates in a year there will be an A,B,C,D,E model.

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6
Ah I see! So is 2014D the latest version available or are there 2015's out there? Still wondering if my cables that Ive got for my IPD MTE Tune will work with Vida or if I have to buy the cables along with the CD as well..

·
Registered
569 Posts
Just go with the 2014 D, that's the latest available. (at least I couldn't find any link for alternative dw source) and as said above, no need for extra/other cables. The package comes with all necessary cables and the install media.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I recently bought from this guy one, its costs more than the chinese suppliers.
He tests the units himself before shipping, take a look at the extensive description he made for the Dice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts