SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to volvos and the forums; my name is Seth.

I just purchased an 01 v70 2.4t and I'm very satisfied with the first volvo I've owned! (Despite the transmission issues...)

The factory radio doesn't work, won't even power on but I don't care, as I'm putting in a new head unit.
The reason I posted in this sub-forum, is because from my research, I understand I need vida software to delete the radio so i won't throw an srs light.

I looked on piratebay, but with only 2 seeds I don't need that headache. I'm looking for an iso file or hard copy.

I'm a cheap diy-er so I'm trying to avoid the dealer doing it. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Downloading VIDA itself is not going to be any help. You would need a legit copy programming and coding options. But I really don't think you need a computer at all. You just need to jump the data bus connector. Should be able to get the part you need from any radio installation shop. Keep in mind if you replace the radio with aftermarket, your steering wheel buttons for radio control will not work.

And your trans probably needs a new valve body.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Downloading VIDA itself is not going to be any help. You would need a legit copy programming and coding options. But I really don't think you need a computer at all. You just need to jump the data bus connector. Should be able to get the part you need from any radio installation shop. Keep in mind if you replace the radio with aftermarket, your steering wheel buttons for radio control will not work.

And your trans probably needs a new valve body.
So I could just jump the connector to remove the radio? I just don't want any lights on the dash, even just an srs.

I don't have very much in the way of electronics experience, but my buddy is a computer engineer. if I find out exactly what to do it will be cake for him.

Thanks for the help!

And my Christmas present to myself is the ipd valve body and a trans flush :D

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts