SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

41 - 60 of 391 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Are you guys getting problems with the newer windows 10 updates? As of Dec 10 or so my VIDA will not go further than "status:starting".

Are you guys having this issue too?

·
Registered
331 Posts
On win10. It was working from an installation dating before my upgrade to win10 (from win7 pro). And I was able to correctly install it on another machine. But somewhere last week or so it suddenly started to stick to "status:starting".

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hey I'm having trouble installing SQL Server 2008 R2 Express using the command prompt code you supplied. When I use that code, command prompt can't find the file location unless I open the installer manually and then close it and then retry the code. Even when I do this, when I use the SQL Server Features recovery report it says nothing is installed... Can you post the settings for manually installing the SQL Server 2008 R2?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hey I'm having trouble installing SQL Server 2008 R2 Express using the command prompt code you supplied. When I use that code, command prompt can't find the file location unless I open the installer manually and then close it and then retry the code. Even when I do this, when I use the SQL Server Features recovery report it says nothing is installed... Can you post the settings for manually installing the SQL Server 2008 R2?

Wow... lol just realized the reason it wasn't working was because when i copied and pasted the code I excluded the first quotation mark -_-
Got the SQL Server to install now.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
On win10. It was working from an installation dating before my upgrade to win10 (from win7 pro). And I was able to correctly install it on another machine. But somewhere last week or so it suddenly started to stick to "status:starting".
Follow my guide to get it working again =)

·
Registered
811 Posts
Still having trouble with this. I've followed the guide closely on a fresh install of windows 7 Pro 64bit and always end up with VIDA NOT OKAY. Is VIDA sensitive to a cracked windows 7 or something? Also when I create a SQL Server features report it just shows Porduct: none Instance: non Instance ID: none Feature: none Language: none Edition: none Version: none Clustered: none. It says this no matter if I use your command prompt code to install or if I install manually. Have tried with multiple VIDA 2014D disc images. Any ideas?

I'm biting my tongue again lol. Got it to finally work! The things I did differently was I installed the SQLEXPR (non_86x version) before running the command prompt code to install SQLEXPR_86x_ENU then I went to the directory for .NET framework 3.5 and manually installed it from the VIDA disc and then I also downloaded it from the microsoft website and installed that too. With those tweaks it worked. Have no idea why but just in case anyone else is having a similar issue, try these steps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Newbie here. I've purchased VIDA via Ebay and also a new Windows 10 laptop recently. Its running the Home edition, not Pro. I've never used VIDA or anything before, but looking for the XC70 service manual brought me too it. Will this write-up work for my install and use of VIDA? Do I need a logon?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Follow the guide. It does work on Windows 10 Home too, just forgot to update the information.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For some reason at the end of the VIDA install, the installation screen wont exit. It seems like the disc is done spinning but it just sits there. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
For some reason at the end of the VIDA install, the installation screen wont exit. It seems like the disc is done spinning but it just sits there. Any ideas?
Copy the disc to harddrive before installing. There might be a read error. Do a full cleanup before you do this, ie. follow my guide from scratch. Also make sure you do not have any server app that uses port 80 installed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I let it run overnight and it was finished this morning. Something odd was in the summary of the installation it read:
Security: OK
VIDA: NOT OK

I don't know if that is because there are more steps or because it had a problem?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm trying to install on windows 10 machine and followed directions step by step three times but when doing sql install my comp is saying this version wont work and when I go into the configuration page to check it it says blank in all boxes..no versions. should I run sql expres 2014 or does it have to be this particular version? this is crazy! lol

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I'm trying to install on windows 10 machine and followed directions step by step three times but when doing sql install my comp is saying this version wont work and when I go into the configuration page to check it it says blank in all boxes..no versions. should I run sql expres 2014 or does it have to be this particular version? this is crazy! lol
You need to follow the guide to the letter. There must be something you've missed. Ask a friend to help you out, maybe he/she may help you see something from a different perspective.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Hi,

I have finally been able to run all the step in order to install VIDA on my W10pro... BUT I can not enter any USERNAME. The cursor is blinking but nothing is written.

The patch has been run. (I precise that there is the TASKILL error and another one : windows can not find c:\VIDA\patch\filldb.cmd

If you have any idea...
Thanks for your job and your upgrades !
what was the eventual resolution of this? I see a lot of subsequent talk about DICE, but not the login problem.

Thanks,

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
what was the eventual resolution of this? I see a lot of subsequent talk about DICE, but not the login problem.

Thanks,
Try merging VIDADVD:\Install\Utils\EnableIEHostingx64.reg to the registry (x86 if you're on that platform).

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
[HR][/HR]
Try merging VIDADVD:\Install\Utils\EnableIEHostingx64.reg to the registry (x86 if you're on that platform).
yeah I should have mentioned that was the first thing I tried.

41 - 60 of 391 Posts