SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

21 - 40 of 391 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
@trixeo
Thank you for good work and detailed explanation ...
I would give a tip to upgrade bundled in VIDA 32bit JRE to 64bit and get an better performance :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
1.Locate Java RE folder in Vida - usually : ..\Vida\jdk
2.Determinate actual Java SDK version (Vida use separate then installed in program files Java runtime environment) (for exam Vida 2014D uses SDK6 release 320)
3.Download same version from Oracle but 64bit now and install (usually installed at : OS install drive \ Program Files \ Java \ jdk1.x.0_yy; )
4.Stop and then terminate Vida Monitor process
5.Rename current VIDA JRE folder : ..\Vida\jdk --> ..\jdk_old ;
6.Create new and empty folder: ..\Vida\jdk;
7.Copy 64bit SDK files and folders from installation source (...\ Program Files \ Java \ jdk1.x.0_yy; ) to the new created folder ..\Vida\jdk;
7.Restart OS and wait till Vida Monitor goes in Ready state

P.S. latter you can remove ..\Vida\jdk_old folder and installed in step 3 JDK

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Thanks! Will try that =)
EDIT: I did. And made this guide:
EDIT2: This guide is no longer needed as of Volvo VIDA 2014D and Windows 10 Pro Guide REV 12. Java is already updated to JDK 7 (1.7.0_80) if you've followed that guide.

1. Uninstall all Java versions (if not already done so).
2. Stop VIDA:
- Close Internet Explorer.
- In the system tray, right click the VIDA Monitor icon and select "Stop" and then right click the VIDA Monitor icon again and select "Exit".
3. Download and install the last updated version of Java SE 6 "Java SE Development Kit 6u45" (build 1.6.0_45-b06) Windows x64 (59.96 MB) "jdk-6u45-windows-x64.exe" here: (you need an Oracle account - free)
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-downloads-javase6-419409.html
4. Rename "jdk" folder in "C:\VIDA\" to "jdk.32bit".
5. Copy folder "jdk1.6.0_45" from "C:\Program Files\Java" to "C:\VIDA\".
6. Rename folder "jdk1.6.0_45" in "C:\VIDA\" to "jdk".
7. Uninstall "Java(TM) SE Development Kit Update 45 (64-bit)" and "Java(TM) 6 Update 45 (64-bit)"
8. Start VIDA Monitor ("C:\VIDA\VidaMonitor.exe") and wait for the icon to turn to a green play icon and then start VIDA All-In-One.
9. If all is good and works ok, feel free to delete the folder "jdk.32bit" in "C:\VIDA\".

Note: The original Java SE 6 (32-bit) that was installed with Volvo VIDA 2014D is "Java SE Development Kit 6u32" (build 1.6.0_32-b05). I have found no errors using the 64-bit last updated version of Java SE 6 "Java SE Development Kit 6u45" (build 1.6.0_45-b06) instead.

So, what is depending on the Java SE 6 in VIDA, you might ask. It is the JBoss Application Server 7 which is used by VIDA to host its web-based content. After the last JBoss version 7.1.1 (which is the one that comes installed with Volvo VIDA 2014D) it changed name to WildFly. There IS a way to update JBoss to the latest version of WildFly in order to run the Java SE 7 but it is not an easy way and probably not something I will look into.

An updated version of IsoView would probably be cool though.
EDIT: Tried later IsoView but it was too buggy so I will not bother with a guide.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have you tried the IEHosting registry settings. (There should be some .reg files on the DVD)
Ref.: DiagnosticAllowed: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?233685-VIDA-on-Windows-10

Do you also have the red or black X where the DiCE selection should be?
Hi everybody,

Thank you for your help (trixeo & rkam).
I applied both .reg, but it did not work...
I still have the black X instead of the combobox where I should be able to select DICE,
and I still have the error message with "diagnosticallowed" when manually clicking OK.

I also tried step 3b, but did not change anything.

Have you got another hint ?
Do you think that there is a chance of success if I try the last tuto of trixeo with SQL Svr 2014 ?

See You

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hmm, open regedit and check that the settings really stick. Check these two:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\MICROSOFT\.NETFramework
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework
both keys should have the setting "EnableIEHosting"=dword:00000001

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hmm, open regedit and check that the settings really stick. Check these two:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\MICROSOFT\.NETFramework
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework
both keys should have the setting "EnableIEHosting"=dword:00000001
Yes, they both are...

Compatibility mode enabled on IE with localhost.
Trying to disable IE11 & install IE10... let's see

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
Registered
13 Posts
Compatibility mode is not needed and IE11 is not the problem.
Try this:
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/reset-internet-explorer-settings
Also tick the "Delete personal settings" and then restart IE. You will have to manually enable the addon "WebCGMHlprObj Class" in IE settings after this.
I did both...
Also disabled .NET Framework 4.x...
but still have the X under communication tool...

also tried to re-install everything with the second tuto, but still the same issue.
Caution : the link to get SQL Server 2014 SP1 CU3 KB3094221 (step 5a) is down. Now, Microsoft gives you a Intl file instead of a ENU.

After reading every threads I found about that kind of issue, it looks like it is .NET Framework related.
I tried to disable, enable, reinstall but nothing seems to work...
My laptop is W10 64 Pro Loaded, but it is an upgrade from 8.1, not a W10 from scratch, if it can help.

Thanks for all your advices ! Still investigating...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
My main computer with a working VIDA has been upgraded from Windows 7 Ult, then to Windows 8 Pro, then to Windows 8.1 Pro and finally to Windows 10 Pro.

Try resetting yor firewall settings.
Try cmd-prompt and enter the command sfc /scannow. If this didn't help I suggest you do a repair install of Windows 10 with an in-place upgrade:
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

·
Registered
13 Posts
My main computer with a working VIDA has been upgraded from Windows 7 Ult, then to Windows 8 Pro, then to Windows 8.1 Pro and finally to Windows 10 Pro.

Try resetting yor firewall settings.
Try cmd-prompt and enter the command sfc /scannow. If this didn't help I suggest you do a repair install of Windows 10 with an in-place upgrade:
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html
I made these 3 steps, trying between each one, but I still face the issue with the black X under Communication Tool & the method error "diagnosticallowed" - snif...
I think I am going to use a caddy with a dedicated HDD loaded with W7 to make it work. WM under W10 is very slow.

If I find out something new, I let you know.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Sorry to hear that, I am out of ideas... maybe a regional problem? What language of os and what regional options do you have? I would give a clean install of W10 on a different hdd on the same system a try, would be interesting to know what exactly the problem is. Hyper-V in W10 is really fast, that's what I've been using trying out the different configurations of VIDA writing the guides.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you try to Run Vida as administrator ?

I made these 3 steps, trying between each one, but I still face the issue with the black X under Communication Tool & the method error "diagnosticallowed" - snif...
I think I am going to use a caddy with a dedicated HDD loaded with W7 to make it work. WM under W10 is very slow.

If I find out something new, I let you know.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The black X and Diagnosticallowed error was back today. Probably due to a recent Windows update.
The EnableIEHosting registry keys were gone, but after adding these keys again, Vida started working as it should.
I'm running Windows 10 Home, Version 1511, OS.build 10586.3. 64-bit
The laptop was purchased with Windows 8.1 and upgraded some weeks ago.
No virtual machine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It did not help.

My W10 is a pro 64.
English US release with french language.
Vida is installed with Fr language.

Trying HyperV to see if it is faster than VM Ware.

Regards
Hi everybody,
Still in troubles with my "primary install".
Both *x86.reg & *x64.reg applied but no improvment.
It was already working with a W7 virtual machine. I also tried a W10 VM and ... it also works.

I think that there must be 1 wrong parameter somewhere in the Reg... but where...

Have you got an idea to compare both install ? the faulty regular one and the vm one ?

Regards.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I'm at a loss in this matter, have tried almost all scenarios myself on different installations but never on a French version though.
I would do a total cleanup (do step 1-7b in my first guide, make sure to do 3b AFTER you have uninstalled ".NET Framework 3.5": Control panel/Programs and Features/Turn Windows features on or off and clear the checkbox for ".NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET and 3.0)" (uninstall it) and also make sure you do not have any .NET Framework 4.6 Advanced Services installed.). And then uninstall ALL Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables and ALL Microsoft Visual Studio, and maybe more -- could you do a screendump of your installed applications from control panel/Programs and Features. Also a dump of the Microsoft Windows Install Clean Up utility.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I am bumping this as I would like for my VIDA to work with W10. Any resolution to this?

21 - 40 of 391 Posts