SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

381 - 390 of 390 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Do you have another USB port on the Surface you can try. If you don't, do you have a USB hub that you can plug into the surface and then plug the DICE into the hub.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Why don't you use the computer that does see the DICE? Is that the one that VIDA stopped loading on?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Its a PC.
As last possibility - Ill try to use the same WIN7 laptop I used before. And what I have tried to clean it from. Its just that ElsaWin and Vida doesnt like each other. I needed to restart the laptop after every car I had searhed for in ElsaWin. And that Laptop is usually always running. It has all my car diagnostics software - and they are quite few!!
I found the old CDs and Ill see if I can run the Patch from there. If that doesnt help - Ill give up and do a reinstall on the Laptop.
Thanks for everything!!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Look over at my thread, I have a link to a site I built and have a good copy of the direct installer 2014D with patches. Just follow the instructions on this thread. Please know my thread is about virtual machine version, not direct install like this thread so any questions even if you use the copy I provide, please ask here unless it's the virtual machine.

Also, side note, if your 'other' laptop has good enough specs, you can always run a virtual machine version I already have built.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Trexio, hope you don't mind me for jumping in on your thread.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I dont have good experiences with VMwares to ues to read cars and get them to work with USB - I have tried and given up on that.
I took a look at your page =) Impressive.
Im very thankfull for your effort!! I gues the problem is within the Surface somewhere. Or Surface+WIN10.
Im taking the evening off now - fed up with this crap. But I need to get the Vida running!! We have far too meny Volvos to troubleshoot - every week!
Thank you dearest Roxana.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I dont have good experiences with VMwares to ues to read cars and get them to work with USB - I have tried and given up on that.
I took a look at your page =) Impressive.
Im very thankfull for your effort!! I gues the problem is within the Surface somewhere. Or Surface+WIN10.
Im taking the evening off now - fed up with this crap. But I need to get the Vida running!! We have far too meny Volvos to troubleshoot - every week!
Thank you dearest Roxana.
Try the virtualbox image instead of VMware image... The biggest problem people run into is forgetting to "pass through" the USB connection of the DICE.

381 - 390 of 390 Posts