SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

First of all Hey to everyone. Google is pushing a lot of information from this forum when i search for info so decided to write here, because i cant find some answers.

So i have two problems.
First one
Because i'm from Europe (Lithuania) my car has headlamp level adjustment inside the car. One day i changed the headlights and transfer'ed the level motors on to the new ones, because they didn't had them.
Haven't checked if it worked and after some time i noticed that it doesn't work.

Gladly i have two identical volvos so problem shooting was bit more easy. So both of the motors in the headlights are dead. Picked up working ones from the second car, still doesn't work.
I noticed that the red light when you adjust the level also doesn't show up, so no power to the whole system.
After some working around i noticed that the switch illumination started glowing brighter than it should. Doesn't know why but nothing worked still. The red light also didn't come on, and after some time the switch is dead again.

Now after couple days of trying to find the problem the headlight switch illumination started to glow brighter than it should. Again don't know why but still nothing the adjustment doesn't work.
All lights work like normal. Low beam, high beam, turn signals, no problem.
Is there some kind of controller board for light that i can replace with the second cars to test it ?

Second problem.
The reversing lights stopped working. It's an automatic, i know there is a switch for a manual, but how to diagnose the AT ones ?

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
Just swap manual adjusters in.

As for reverse, theres a switch on the auto trans that can go bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know there is a switch for manuals, but with AT its a whole mechanism. Maybe someone has a schematics for that ?

Also as i stated that the light switch started illuminating lighter than it should, it glowed like that for couple days and now its off again.. Still no level adjustment

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello,

So i managed to get the light level adjustment to work.

Now the reversing lights are left. I got a diagnostics tool connected to the car and the pc sees what gear is selected, so i assume the PNP switch is good.
But still no lights

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
Hello,

So i managed to get the light level adjustment to work.

Now the reversing lights are left. I got a diagnostics tool connected to the car and the pc sees what gear is selected, so i assume the PNP switch is good.
But still no lights
Check the fuse?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts