SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just bought a used Volvo V60 Polestar 2017 at auction, car is working fine, good technically report, only scratches.
The car has 88k km (55k miles).
It will arrive in 2 weeks.
What to expect and what are the most common issues or maintenance at this milage?

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

Thanks!

· Registered
216 Posts
Congrats! Mine is close to 50k miles - no issues.

Just follow recommended maintenance schedule and you'll be fine. If the spark plugs haven't been replaced, have that done. BG 44k or equivalent as well.

Reactions: Adrians

· Registered
3 Posts
Awesome find!

The DriveE engines MUST run on 91+ octane (95+ for europeans) and is pretty picky about which oil goes into it. And don't forget the timing belt changes (the 6cyl has a chain).

· Registered
172 Posts
Beautiful car and congrats!
Those winglets look to be in great condition....I'd recommend some type of PPF wrap over them since the black will pick up rock chips very very quickly!

Also get the IPD Upper torque mount

· Registered
172 Posts
thanks all for the responses!

Any tunes for this car? I've seen BSR and RICA, stage 1, 400hp.
Hilton is probably your best bet since Rob tailors it specifically to your vehicle and mods. You can also remove the 1st and 2nd gear torque limiter if desired.

· Registered
172 Posts
@S60Rbluejay thanks! will check it out. And other hardware modifications? I was hopping to get at least 500 hp from the car.
500hp will be exceptionally difficult and expensive. You'd need a significantly larger turbo/manifold and would need to rebuild parts of the engine. Not to mention, if you're at 500hp you're probably over 550tq+ which is beyond the limits of the Aisin transmission. Volvos racing polestar concept (3.0) has 500hp and they put a TON of work into it, including rebuilding the entire head (and I think the trans). I don't think anyone has a 2.0 with that much power, at least to my knowledge. IMO, torque is where it's at, especially for around town driving, highway merging, and just plain fun. I'm sure you know the adage of horsepower sells cars and torque wins races.

The following engine mods should get you roughly over 400hp and probably 440tq in your P* which will be plenty of fun :). I'm at like 340hp/350tq and already hit triple digits/license revoking speed very quickly, so unless you live in Germany or track the car regularly, 500hp is barely useable lol. With those numbers above, your 0 - 60 should be a healthy ~4.0 second which can beat 99% of the cars on the road (Tesla's don't count.... battery on wheels).

• MST or GruppeM Intake
  • Do88 Intercooler
  • KCD Intercooler piping
  • TME or 8Fab Downpipe
  • Viva Exhaust
  • GFB Diverter valve+
  • Hilton stage 2+ tune
  • Engine support: Upgraded radiator, oil catch can, and trans cooler

No one yet makes the turbo intake piping for the 2.0 (like they have for the 3.0) - which I'm convinced would add a decent amount of power and responsiveness. Fingers crossed someone engineers one soon!

In regards to wrapping the car - it's your vehicle so it's ultimately up to what you like and want. Personally, I've always thought that wraps sort of "cheapens" the look of the car, especially a Polestar. However if you like it, go for it.

· Registered
3 Posts
In regards to wrapping the car - it's your vehicle so it's ultimately up to what you like and want. Personally, I've always thought that wraps sort of "cheapens" the look of the car, especially a Polestar. However if you like it, go for it.
I disagree with cheapening the looks of the car, unless it came in Rebel Blue!

Also 450wtq is at the limits of the 6 speed. It's a shame you couldn't get the 3.0+8speed, truly the best of both worlds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts