SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone has the sales numbers on the Lexus CT Hybrid wagon. I have been seeing more and more and more of these things on the road here in NoVa, and I just have to wonder; how good are the actual sales numbers on those things, and is this further proof Volvo is missing out on some decent sales by not bringing the V60 hybrid over. I do not know what the price difference would be or if anyone would cross shop a lexus hybrid with a Volvo hybrid or even what the mpg numbers are to compare, but with the growing numbers of these I am seeing on the road makes me think Volvo is once again missing out.

p.s. not sure if this is the right place to post this.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was wondering is what the price differential was. 70K is a bit much, as I saw the Lexus for 25-40K

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
The issue is that the Volvo IS a whopping 70K and that Lexus already has a reputation for being a "green" car. And although it's literally a fancied up Prius it is just cheap enough to sell despite it being incredibly slow and not really having good MPG numbers. Its combined MPG ratings are 42 mpg which is FAR below the V60 Hybrid's 148 (Highway) and it cannot go into full electric mode like the V60 Hybrid can. Sadly the V60 Hybrid is just too expensive (for most Americans) to justify the price even though it's properly quick, luxurious, practical, and incredibly fuel efficient. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts