SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turns out the author and I have similar tastes. I ordered the same US Momentum spec with the City Weave seats and Heated Steering wheel but decided to go with the T5 FWD to save on fuel. Should arrive at the dealer in a couple weeks.

I also skipped the Advanced and Multimedia packages however learned that you can add some things a la carte at the dealer like adaptive cruise control with Pilot Assist and Parking Pilot Assist. You can even add Navigation later.

My questions are: Has anyone here added a la carte items to their SPA Momentum trim after the fact? Was it a hassle? Does Volvo provide their lower trims like Tesla where everything is already built in and just requires a software upgrade?

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/volvo-v60-wagon-the-perfect-spec/

·
Registered
912 Posts
I did a little research since looking through the accessories. Most of the talk was for other models, but it seems adding the parking assist may be just software though if its sensors the installs are quite extensive (and expensive) at the dealer. Same thing with the pilot assist, there is some sort of "pump" on the cars that don't have it that needs to be installed, and the part and install didn't sound pretty.

Most of the time, if you want something, always cheaper and easier to just buy it up front, this is why the product folks work so hard to package the one "must have" thing you want in a $2k option package. A good exception is the polestar tune, same price and easily installed before or after.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Didn't add anything ATF, but wanted to compliment you on the City Weave choice. Leather seems to be the de facto standard and preferred choice in cars in this class, but the cloth seats I had in my first cars were far more comfortable. They clearly breathed better than leather, they never scorched the back of my thighs when wearing shorts, and they gripped my clothes and held me in place better. I'd treat them with Scotchgard or some similar product twice a year when detailing, and annually, I'd saturate them with one of the unscented pet odor eliminators with enzymes to kill any possible odor causing bacteria from sweat that may have been absorbed. The plaid is attractive, too, IMO.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Didn't add anything ATF, but wanted to compliment you on the City Weave choice. Leather seems to be the de facto standard and preferred choice in cars in this class, but the cloth seats I had in my first cars were far more comfortable. They clearly breathed better than leather, they never scorched the back of my thighs when wearing shorts, and they gripped my clothes and held me in place better. I'd treat them with Scotchgard or some similar product twice a year when detailing, and annually, I'd saturate them with one of the unscented pet odor eliminators with enzymes to kill any possible odor causing bacteria from sweat that may have been absorbed. The plaid is attractive, too, IMO.
Thanks for the advice! Definitely plan on using Scotchguard - didn't even think about an enzyme killer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts