SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys

new to this forum
bought my first volve a couple months ago. volvo v50 1.6d 2006.
i bought the car knowing it wont rev over 3000 rpm, the guy said new particulate fillter, and it would drive perfect again.
that was not the case.
i will preciate any help i can get, and i will attach a pic of the fault codes its giving me.
the antiskid service is lid,and sometimes the engine light.
i also tried cleaning the egr valve
thanks and good evening

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
How many miles? How much deferred maintenance? Do those codes come right back if you erase them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Around 250.000 miles
Yes fault codes comes again immediately.
My English is a bit rusty, so I am not sure what you mean with deferred maintenence.
But it has no service message, but don't know if it has been reset several times.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Deferred maintenance is normal service items that haven’t been done on their normal schedule, either by you or previous owners. This could be a source of some problems but is not a guarantee.

Full disclosure, I have minimal experience with Volvos. My experience is with Mercedes so I can’t be very specific.

I think the first thing I would do is take the downpipe completely off and see if it runs any better. Another thing would be to check the egr pipe and/or egr ports in the head

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update
It turned out to be the air mass meter.
No fault codes for the sensor, but the live data said it was giving 0.0. It drives great again.
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts