SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a letter from my dealer yesterday basically announcing the death knell of the V50 and offering 'first dibs' on a handful of V50s they'd secured for the dealership.

I doubt the V40 is going to fit my needs and the V60 rear opening/load bay height isn't big/tall enough for the job the V50 has being doing.

Guess I'm going to have to run the V50 into the ground....

·
Registered
547 Posts
Looks, overall function, comfort, etc..... This car should have been a home run for Volvo, but again, they utterly failed to promote it.

Looks like I'll be aiming for one of those "million mile" badges.....

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
That is very True , they were to concern at the Time with Money and Ford Selling ( If , If , If ) : so the brought out a Nicer V70 & XC90 during V50 Time Period - then the S60
& V60 - which tied up all - Their Production . VW started to Kick a lot of Butt and really took control of a lot of secondary vendors , Bosch , ME 9.1 , Electronics's , Higher Fuel Cost
Drove Folks to other markets . Plus there weren't many Vehicles on the Lots . All they had to due was Add - R - Brakes - Keep the M66 and crank up the T5 - like they did in the S60 T5 .

Easily could have taken this platform another - 5 yrs !

The V40 - If they actually make a Wagon - not just a 5 door hatch ,as the 20.5 " they claim as the Bumper lift over Height is Totally Wrong it's more like 26.5 "
which higher the V50 with a much smaller rear Storage entrance . Just look at My side by side photo's of the - V50 & Ford Focus !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts