SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks like the Subaru Forrester, too high in the back for my tastes.

I prefer the lower look of the V40, but I also like the V70'ish shoulders that is going to be on the car. It'll be interesting how well the car sells. The focus heritage I think will hurt the wagon more than the sedan.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Is the protege based on the focus chassis?

I should clarify my comment somewhat - I didn't mean to imply that the focus isn't a good car or that the move to the new chassis is necessarily a bad thing. Just that I think Volvo will have more problems selling the wagon over the sedan.

In the mid-to-small wagon segment there's the Protege 5 (nice looking car btw), the focus wagon and at the auto show I saw a 5 door focus too (not the wagon).

I think that it can be done. Although last night on the drive home I was behind a Cadillac Cimeron - man that was an ugly car. At first glance I thought it was the ugliest old Cavilier with gold trim - then I realized it was a Cimeron so I was right.

It'll will be interesting to see how Volvo positions it in the market. Putting the V70 shoulders on it will help and there are things like engines and seats.

On the plus side I think the jetta wagon will help prime the pump for the new V50. For me a GLS jetta wagon would have been the same price as my V40.

I still think it looks like a Forrester though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts