SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys.
I've recently got a v50 t5 FWD Manual.. Its pretty nice actually.

I have no check engine light.
This thing shakes under acceleration. I changed the perfectly fine plugs yesterday as a last resort, just to be sure -- no change.

I have access to a pro diagnostic scanner, me and a tech at school ran live view, and from what he can see every thing looks pretty good, lambda was perfect, fuel pressure read 400kpa.
A couple codes came out, nothing to be noted, and I dont remember what they were. We cleared them, and they did not come back when we re-scanned the car the next day.

I'm going to have my volvo parts guy check see if any recalls have been done to my car (PEM)

i read alot about the FPS (fuel pressure sensor) I was going to go buy one to rule that out, but my car already has the upgraded part number...

I need help!
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Mine it was over 40% throttle at any speed/gear it would stutter and stumble and I'd get misfire codes. I could sit in my driveway and rev it all the way up to redline without an issue, but step on the gas out driving and over 40% throttle it would act like it wasn't working right. Replaced the coils it was good to go. FPS also helps out greatly, I replaced that and immediately felt a difference in pep as the old one had 118k on it.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
I assume you've checked the motor mounts and both axles?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
funny you mention that. I started having the problem after a lowering spring install. No axle boot or anything is broken, but they were manipulated around during the install. They make no noise even during full lock.
the engine has no unusual movement, and the mounts look visually in good order.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
If you lowered an FWD any more than an inch or so, my money is on the axles. It's about the axles themselves, not the CV joints btw. Depending on what year is your V50, it may be hard to work around - there are some basic design geometry issues. My 2005 AWD is sky-high stock, so I can't give any direct advice but maybe someone else here can.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I searched this new topic, I just read about having to change the axle to a 07+ style..

Mine is a 2005

1 - 6 of 6 Posts