SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
LeemansJ~~Volvo V50 2.4 D5 R-Design

My '04 V50 had the 2.0D engine with 290.000km and it started to have some big expenses..
new clutch was eneded also a new turbo etc...

Found this beaty on the internet, and took the plunge after a test-drive and closer inspection..

It's a '09 V50 R-design in Ice White with the 2.4 D5 engine :) stock 180bhp and 400Nm torque so it's pretty quick compared to my previous 136bhp/320Nm :D

plans ? yes sir :) but have to wait a year due to warranty...
My coilovers will be transferred to this one, also my rims will be mounted under the D5.
And i'm thinking about some carbon fiber bits...quite a lot :D cause the combo of white and carbon is just fabulous :D

here are some pics :)

·
Registered
7,502 Posts
:facepalm: So hating you right now. This is the exact car I have been hunting for to no avail. They NEVER come up for sale here in the states...

·
Registered
138 Posts
can't really beat an R-design in white, looks really nice.

i notice you have your city lights turned on in the garage pic. it looks like my headlights have these but I can't seem to work out to switch them on? is it something you can activate in VIDA?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx :)

Veefifty T5AWD: jups it's a pretty rare combination of the white, with R-design, with leather seats AND the D5 engine :)
that's why I didn't hesitate :)

sucksqueezebangblow: you just put your lightswitch on the middle position.
or you press the lightbulb button on your keys :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
EGR and DPF Delete :) and also optimised the ECU. Did not want to much the engine/drivetrain to the max, so stayed humble :)
It has smoother curve, and you certainly can feel the difference :)

Stock: 180bhp / 400Nm (295lbft)
Optimised: 202bhp / 483Nm (356lbft)

Next on the modlist is an rearmuffler delete, and maybe change the IC :)

Result of the DPF delete and flying on the Deutche Autobahn with 240km/H (almost 150MPH) :D
Still getting an average of 6,0 L/100km (39mpg)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bought some MK Motorsport , one set in 18x8,5 ET34 and one set in 18x8,5 ET13. Both are 5x120, but I'm letting them welded and redrilled to 5x108 and also change the offset to ET40 and ET20.
The rims are pretty rare and hard to find, I even think they are unique in Belgium...Specialy when I mix to sets of rims :D Why I bought two sets I hear you think ?
Because of the lower Offset (ET13) the face is more concave compared to the front...so it will look like a staggered setup, but still be square 8,5" ...
We're lookin to buy a C30 for the misses, and she'll be running the other pair ;)

I'm not quit sure how the finish will be...silver, black, brushed, .. time will tell i guess :)

Picture of the 18x8,5 ET34

Picture of the 18x8,5 ET13 (you just need to imagine the oem centercaps, into the black ones :) )

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi there,

When splitting my BBS MK Motorsport wheels, I thought of doing something different and I mounted a BBS VR6 centercap just for fun and giggles...I never thought it would have such an impact...

As you can see designwise it's fricking awesome, so I had the idea of making an own design for the centercap using the design of the BBS VR6 centercap..

Cause these wheels are already pretty rare, I thought it would be nice to show the progress :)

Splitted:

Mock-up of the centercap

Quick paint on the centercap so i can visualize it better

All the designs I created so far:

Design 1:

Design 2:

I don't have any pictures of the 3rd design...

Design n°4 is my favorite...still needs a bit of tweaking to let it 3d print, but I'm 99,99% happy with the outcome of that.

If you have some designs you want to share, feel free to comment :D

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Newest update thx to my lovely wife who made me a new shift gaiter ? color match with the interior is about 98% so pretty pleased ??

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sooooo, went to the shop who's modifieng my rims to testfit them..to be 100% sure they would fit before painting them.
And bang, do they fit :)

final measurements are 18x8,5 ET40 on the front and at the rear i've got 18x8,5 ET20
Still needs to lower the car, so the poke will be less due the camber it will create..but you've got the idea already ;) :)

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
I can smell the rubber already

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sooooo...it's been a while :)
Received some finished pictures of the rims..
color is "Volvo Osmium Grey" and I f*cking love it :D
I'll collect them this saturday :)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
can you tell us a little more about the welding and re-drilling of the wheels? I have never heard or seen anyone do this to aluminum wheels. I would be worried that the welded area has different properties than the rest of the wheel and could be subject to fracture down the road.

Learn something every day and those wheels look amazing.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The wheels centers were sandblasted to remove all the paint.
Then they are pre-heated in an oven to a certain temperature. Then they close the lugholes by welding (filling) the holes.
after that they mill the backface to a perfect flat surface, clean up front, and then re-drill the lugpattern on a cnc machine.
My centers went from 5x120 to 5x108 :)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
That is stunning! We dont have any such services in the US although I wish we did because there are a lot of OEM wheels I like and would love to put on my car but we are stuck with spacers and all the other goofy stuff.

These look amazing though! Cant wait to see them on the car.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Looks great! Really want a D5 wagon here in the states for great MPG... and to roll coal! :D

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
I think of all the P1s I like the gen2 headlights the best on a white V50

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.