SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all
I was upgrading my new to me S60 when during the down load phase vida ask for a Volvo approved usb drive.
I down loaded the users guide and it does state that a usb drive needs to be used to transfer the software to the car now. Yes I did try to use a normal usb stick and it didn’t like it,
So the part number is 31201366 I kid you not this a real thing and they are back ordering them 2 weeks.
My most upgrade fail due to this and my car lost aud icm etc....
has anyone else run into this?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here is the information from Volvo

SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD TO VEHICLE THROUGH USB
MEMORY
The latest generation of Infotainment, that will be found in S60 (11- ), contains considerably
larger software files than previous generations. In order to download these
large software products to the MOST network, a USB memory is needed.
4.1 When is a USB memory needed?
As a general rule, if the software products that should be downloaded to the MOST
network are estimated to exceed 6 minutes in download time a USB memory will be
used.
NOTE
VIDA will only approve the USB that Volvo Car Corporation has
developed as a special tool for this specific purpose.

This is no joke
https://parts.courtesyvolvocarsofscottsdale.com/oem-parts/volvo-usb-memory-31201366
Before you try upgrading software be aware

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes, the Volvo approved USB is a real thing and has hidden files on it that must be there for vida to recognize it.

It's been a while since I used whatever version of vida you are in, but I think there is an option to force software through the dice under advanced in the software tab.

Not sure if it will work for MOST upgrades though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How did you get this working? I'm having the same issue. VIDA support is taking days to respond. I have a volvo memory stick but VIDA is not recognizing it. I can't find anything in the support documents on how to make this work other than "use volvo approved usb memory" I', reloading the ICM so VIDA won't allow usb download bypass, it seems anything that loads firmware on MOST bus modules requires doing it though usb memory.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts