SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Volvo just officially introduced the car today. Despite the many pics circulating of the racecar, it's been changed a bit for the actual race campaign. You can find more on it on our homepage.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Holy cow...that looks pretty cool~!!

Now...start your engines gentlemen, let the race begin!

BTW, why do they always like to leave the front plastic trim black? And the one on the rear bumper...

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by The_one_n_only:
Holy cow...that looks pretty cool~!!

Now...start your engines gentlemen, let the race begin!

BTW, why do they always like to leave the front plastic trim black? And the one on the rear bumper...
I agree, awesome looking unit!

As far as the black trim, and this is my guess, it is probably so as to not let such aggressive spoiler(s) invade the whole image of the car. Your eyes tend to focus on the rest of the car rather than the aggressive treatments; those are there to aid the aerodynamic package of the car rather than being a feast for your, and my, eyes!

Yannis

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Wow, very cool! I am surprised that the wheels don't look very wide (17x9) for a touring car. What would that be, like 245's?

Much better looking than the development car, that is for sure. Start your engines!

-Drew

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These 3/4 angles almost look like the wheels are photoshopped. They do look small though.

Still, it looks a ton better than the developement cars with the gold BBS wheels they were using.

Can't wait for the season to start.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm off to the Prodrive factory for an exclusive factory tour in June with 9 other lucky Volvo Owner's Club members

And I get to see them race at the 2 UK venues for the euro touring cars

weeeee good day!!

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Alex, sounds like fun. If you care to write it up and submit the pics, we'd be happy to publish it. I might be able to get you a press contact inside also, so maybe hiding the camera, at least in some areas, won't be necessary.

If we print it, it's gotta be on the up and up

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah I'd be fine with that - I have to check that the UK Owner's Club wouldn't have a problem with that, but I can't see them having any problems.

I'll email you slightly nearer the time George so we can sort it, my email is: [email protected] by the way.

The owner of Kalmar Union (www.kalmar-union.com) and also TME's UK importer will be there too

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Alex Z:
my email is: [email protected] by the way.

The owner of Kalmar Union (www.kalmar-union.com) and also TME's UK importer will be there too
Alex,

your name seems to be of Greek origin. Are you Greek? From Greece or born in the UK?

Yannis

·
Registered
16 Posts
It is indeed from Greece!

My dad was born there and moved over here when he was 20, and I was born here in the UK.

Unfortunately my Greek isn't too good!!

How about you?

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's fine. I'll link the Volvo UK club in the article if that helps and we can write it up with a focus on it being one of their get togethers, rather than just focus on Prodrive.

I'll have to check on Speedvision. I'd imagine, this being an FIA series, we'll see it, but I can't verify that.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

It is indeed from Greece!

My dad was born there and moved over here when he was 20, and I was born here in the UK.

Unfortunately my Greek isn't too good!!

How about you?
Cool!

I am, originally, from Greece. Came here for college and...like mostly everyone else, ended up staying!I will probably e-mail you as I don't want to use this space for unrelated material!

Yannis

·
Registered
41 Posts
Pat, I think you just found a new paint scheme for your car! Boy does it ever look nice.

I really like those BBS wheels as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yannis and George you guys both have mail..I used the one listed on here under your profile for each of you respectively..are these still current??

Cheers guys

Alex

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Yannis and George you guys both have mail..I used the one listed on here under your profile for each of you respectively..are these still current??

Cheers guys

Alex
Yep...I got yours...I will be getting back to you, today!

Have a bloody jolly time!

Yannis

1 - 20 of 22 Posts