SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I dropped my sedan off at the dealership for some service and got the Volvo Urban Assault Vehicle™ (or as most people call it, the XC90) as a loaner.

I figured this was excellent timing as I needed to transport the snow blower, and it is the only thing I've ever had trouble fitting in the old V70 Wagon.

Guess what?

Despite the XC90 being much larger and weighing a whopping 1,100lb more, the trunk is almost exactly the same size. Notably, 30.5" tall.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Completely different class of vehicle....

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Hmm...
Time to get some roof bars for the V70! They have the removeable ones for the P2, do they have same for the p80?
So, I dropped my sedan off at the dealership for some service and got the Volvo Urban Assault Vehicle™ (or as most people call it, the XC90) as a loaner.
I figured this was excellent timing as I needed to transport the snow blower, and it is the only thing I've ever had trouble fitting in the old V70 Wagon.
Guess what?
Despite the XC90 being much larger and weighing a whopping 1,100lb more, the trunk is almost exactly the same size. Notably, 30.5" tall.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Completely different class of vehicle....
True, but people usually say "I NEED an SUV for the space". That is just patently false at this point.

There are no space benefits.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hmm...
Time to get some roof bars for the V70! They have the removeable ones for the P2, do they have same for the p80?
I have a set of Thule bars. They aren't bad. I wish I had the ones that go in the factory mounting holes though. That would be nicer.

No way a snow blower is goi g up there though 😛

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I could get JUST about everything I owned into my '72 145 Wagon during college...it was like a giant shoebox with wheels ;)
NO snowblowers in central South Carolina.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Coming from 11 years in, P2 S60's, the shift to an XC60 has been nice.

I did a lot of comparison with xc90's and just wasn't right for me (and P3 XC70's weren't right either)

That being said, I will always make sure I have a roof rack available (and now a trailer)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts