SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have the Volvo Sub-Woofer as an accessory? How does it sound? What's the dealer charging for it? I have got the HU-803 AudioMax sound system in my T5, and I was considering a sub-woofer upgrade. Should I stay with the Volvo part or go with an aftermarket sub. I think the Volvo sub installs under the floor of the trunk and can't be seen. Anyone know for sure? What about an aftermarket sub, can that also be installed under the floor of the trunk? I assume the HU-803 has the appropriate hook-up for a sub already, anyone know? Thanks.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Ummm... im not sure how the volvo sub sounds, but do u know how big it is??? My advise would be to go to a audio place (not goodguys or a store like that) and get set up from them. I have 2 jl 12' w3's, a pg 600 watt amp, audio bahn digital cap, and an audio bahn sealed box. This set up is absurd, you can hear me coming before you see me. If you did not want this much ground shaking bass i would opt for a 2 10' setup, possible 2 ten inch Kicker Comps, powered by a 600 watt audio bahn amp. This should run you about 750-1000 american depeneding on were you go. Best advise would be to go to a speacailty shop. <BR>~spencer~

·
Registered
386 Posts
Also forgot a few things, the s60 tend to rattle a whole lot so i would also sugest that you get the trunk dynamatted. If there is still a lot of rattleing let me know and i will give you some tips on how to get rid of it. With the sub under the mat of the trunk would be that it most likely would not allow for that much air space, and the sub(s) would not hit as hard. Also if you do get a nice set up ya gotta show it off. I will post a pic of my setup as soon as i can take pics of it..<BR>~spencer~

·
Registered
313 Posts
Or you could get one nice 12" and a good amp and save trunk space and still have plenty of punch. No cement cracking thunder, but enough to make people turn their head if you really want to.<P>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts