SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a good place that specializes in working on Volvos? I take my V70R to AutoScandia in Herndon right now, and would like to see if there are any other good places around. I'm looking either in the Herndon or Springfield, VA area.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I've gone to Ashgrove Saab-Volvo in Sterling a few times and I've received great service. They're located off of Cascades Pkwy (from Herndon, take 606 to Shaw to Church to Cascades, and it's about the 3rd left turn, on Woodland).<P><A HREF="http://www.ashgrovesaabvolvo.com/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.ashgrovesaabvolvo.com/</A><P>How do you like Auto Scandia?<P>

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response.<P>I've received great service from Auto Scandia, but haven't done anything major with them. I guess the big plus with them for me is that they are like a mile away from my work, so I can drop it off in the morning and walk to work and then pick it up when they are done.<P>I'll definitely have to check out Ashgrove, my company is moving to a new building and maybe it's closer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have taken my 94 850 to Autoscandia for a number of repairs. I cannot say anything bad about them nor would I consider anyone else if I something major came up. I have also gone to them a few times when I have needed parts or assistance when I have done my own repairs.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone know if Martin Motorsports does maintenance and servicing or are they strictly a performance tuner? I haven't been to their place yet, but I am glad to have a Volvo performance shop right around the corner from me.<P>Anymore DC area people on the list?

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
delenol1,<BR>It's funny how you call Martin Motorsport a performance shop. Not the same impression I got from them last time. Well, what do I know about Volvos....I'm just another volvo owner.<BR>Sorry about the tone, very pissy mood today.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Uh oh.....what happened with you at Martin Motorsports? I haven't been there and would definitely like to get input before I make a bad decision.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Auto Scandia was more convenient for me too because I live about a mile away, but I stopped going there for several reasons. If you'd like to know why, email me offline and I'll explain it.<P>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts