SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
XC70 is a unique vehicle.

Killing it would be very cruel:(

Practical, sort of rugged and reliable perfect family wagon.

They should update it instead of killing.

Hope Volvo keeps it running:cool:;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
It hasn't been selling very well the last few years.

Regardless, Volvo will still be offering an AWD station wagon, it just won't be called the XC70. We'll know for sure when the V90 comes out.

Kudos to Volvo for sticking with the market segment. True station wagons have been slow sellers in North America, regrettably.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
V90CC is the replacement for XC70, bigger and much higher price I think. I'd like they make V60CC more like wagon than current hatchback shape, with more space inside. Then it can be good alternative choice too. Let V40 be the hatchback roadster.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
V90CC is the replacement for XC70, bigger and much higher price I think. I'd like they make V60CC more like wagon than current hatchback shape, with more space inside. Then it can be good alternative choice too. Let V40 be the hatchback roadster.
The new V60 will be larger. In the meantime, you have a V60 and an XC70...with more (and better) to come.

·
Registered
401 Posts
XC70 Best Volvo Ever

I have owned several Volvos since 1967 and my 2013 XC70 is the best. It has a great ride, is quiet, and carries all my "stuff." It has a very beefed up suspension and monster brakes. Everyone who rides in it gives positive comments about it. I like the 3.2 engine that allows changing the oil filter from the top. With IPD's ALUMINUM SKID PLATE installed oil changes can be accomplished with out removing the skid plate as one has to with the factory plate.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Totally agree... What a nice machine..its better looking than any of the Volvos
I have a 2011 Summum (EU) model full options including ventilated seats with perforated leather.D5...50.000 miles total..

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Hope the p4 XC70 wont look too nice otherwise I have to consider buying...or maybe the 2015.5 will drop in price a bit...

[XC70-MY2011-D5-SAPH.BLACK-18"MERAC-SIDE SCUFF-MUD FLAPS-ROOF SPOIL
SATNAV-SEATS: ELEC/HEATED/PERFORATED/VENT-MOONROOF]

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Hope the p4 XC70 wont look too nice otherwise I have to consider buying...or maybe the 2015.5 will drop in price a bit...

[XC70-MY2011-D5-SAPH.BLACK-18"MERAC-SIDE SCUFF-MUD FLAPS-ROOF SPOIL
SATNAV-SEATS: ELEC/HEATED/PERFORATED/VENT-MOONROOF]
Start saving.. I'm sure the V90CC will be quite a lovely wagon! How could you resist this?

I'll have one of these please :)

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
The new V60 will be larger. In the meantime, you have a V60 and an XC70...with more (and better) to come.
The V60 is already a fat pig. Making it larger and then only offering a 4 cylinder does not make me excited. The weight savings of SPA were supposed to improve driving dynamics but that is going to be eliminated by making the car bigger. It definitely could benefit from more legroom in the back ala the S60 Inscription, but that is big enough. This pattern of models growing with each generation really needs to stop. I get that part of it is creating space for the 40 series, but the 60 series is too important a segment to mess with.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The V60 is already a fat pig. Making it larger and then only offering a 4 cylinder does not make me excited. The weight savings of SPA were supposed to improve driving dynamics but that is going to be eliminated by making the car bigger. It definitely could benefit from more legroom in the back ala the S60 Inscription, but that is big enough. This pattern of models growing with each generation really needs to stop. I get that part of it is creating space for the 40 series, but the 60 series is too important a segment to mess with.
unfortunately most people don't really care about driving dynamics, that's why the north american market is flooded with terrible crossovers, which is what that v90 sort of looks like to me.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Start saving.. I'm sure the V90CC will be quite a lovely wagon! How could you resist this?

I'll have one of these please :)

Neither of these designs do anything for me. Take out the Thor headlights and they are both very bland. I think the current V60 and XC60 are both much better looking vehicles than these. The windows on the CC look very Audi to me.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
I disagree. Now maybe I'm a "fat pig" at 6'1" - 235 LB (muscle ;)), but I'm practically shoehorning myself in and out of the V60. I wouldn't mind bigger, especially if this became the main family hauler in place of the XC60. The V60 RD then stays Dad's personal shooting brake. ;)

The idea is to replace gas hog poor handling SUV's with nice larger (more practical) yet decent handling wagons/smaller crossovers. If you look back a few years, Volvo missed the boat by not offering a larger, more practical and competitive S60, with the new generation in 2011. They stayed basically status quo in volume when they chose "naughty" (styling) over size (and sales, apparently). You will have the larger next gen V40 to satisfy your desire.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
V60 has sloping roof and round corners. Cargo space is sacrificed. I like a wagon shape better.
I'd like to see how they are going to distinguish V90CC and V60CC.
Cargo space is definitely compromised in the V60 because of the roof. The differentiation will be in size and roof shape. The V90CC should have the more upright roofline versus the V60CC.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Then there will be no small wagon anymore. V90CC is big and probably expensive.
A V60CC size wagon (like early XC70) is quite attractive and more affordable.
XC40 is another choice but it is not a wagon. :(

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I disagree. Now maybe I'm a "fat pig" at 6'1" - 235 LB (muscle ;)), but I'm practically shoehorning myself in and out of the V60. I wouldn't mind bigger, especially if this became the main family hauler in place of the XC60. The V60 RD then stays Dad's personal shooting brake. ;)

The idea is to replace gas hog poor handling SUV's with nice larger (more practical) yet decent handling wagons/smaller crossovers. If you look back a few years, Volvo missed the boat by not offering a larger, more practical and competitive S60, with the new generation in 2011. They stayed basically status quo in volume when they chose "naughty" (styling) over size (and sales, apparently). You will have the larger next gen V40 to satisfy your desire.
We are about the same size and I have no issue fitting in the P*. The back seats however are too small for the size of the car. The car already weighs ~4,000lbs. Any weight SPA takes off is going to be added right back by increasing the size. The V40 is a full class down and is supposed to compete with the likes of the Audi A3. If it grows to the current V60 size, we have a problem.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Neither of these designs do anything for me. Take out the Thor headlights and they are both very bland. I think the current V60 and XC60 are both much better looking vehicles than these. The windows on the CC look very Audi to me.
Well these would replace the XC70 and V70. They are certainly more attractive designs than the current offerings. Look to the Shooting Brake Concept for clues to the next V60, hopefully. Back to V90's shown here, considering the contours on these renderings, ignoring the (concept's) lights and grill here, you practically have scaled-up current V60's IMO.

Surely you would find a 4 door version of this XC Coupe concept representing progress over the current XC60:

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
A fat pig? Getting 37 mpg? Interesting.
When I wrote "larger", I did not write anywhere that it would grow to dramatic proportions. The current XC90 is bigger than the previous XC90, yet, it is more powerful, faster and more frugal in its fuel economy...

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
We are about the same size and I have no issue fitting in the P*. The back seats however are too small for the size of the car. The car already weighs ~4,000lbs. Any weight SPA takes off is going to be added right back by increasing the size. The V40 is a full class down and is supposed to compete with the likes of the Audi A3. If it grows to the current V60 size, we have a problem.
All the cars have grown in size, mainly in interior dimensions.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts