SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I'm living in CT, can any of you guys recommend some good shops, salvage yards, etc... in the Manchester/Hartford area? I need to build my network of parts/service connections back up.<p>I found a nice townhome on the southern end of Manchester, about a mile from the Glastonbury town line. But I'm willing to drive a bit to get good service.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Re: Volvo shops, etc... in CT (11110000)

I don't know of much in CT, but a guy named Tom Smith in CT builds coilover strut tubes for the front of a 240. I think he builds/supplies other 240 racing parts too. I'll find his email for you and then you can ask him about service/parts in the area.<p>Have you seen the post about the Swedish Car Day in Boston on Oct. 20? That's not too far from you.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Volvo shops, etc... in CT (towerymt)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR><B>Have you seen the post about the Swedish Car Day in Boston on Oct. 20? That's not too far from you.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>Yeah, I wasn't sure if I'd be settled-in enough by then, but I think I may be able to make it. I'm living out of a hotel right now, but my stuff will be delivered to the new townhome on Fri. the 18'th. I should be able to attend - it's only about 1.25 - 1.5 hrs from me now! <p> <br> <p>

·
Registered
68 Posts

well i know of one place in fairfield, but they are pretty far from you<p>i am still wishy washy over wether i like them enough to be confident that i will get both good service/advice and a good deal. but so far they are doing more good than bad, so that helps.

·
Registered
17 Posts

There's one on Park Road on the Hartford / West Hartford line. I think its called "European Motors". Lovely bricks left and right. I'll post more once I have the details.<p> /A

1 - 5 of 5 Posts