SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

anyone know the normal map update cycle? I got my XC60 in Nov 14, and just after I bought it, the latest update from Nov 2014 was available (9/10/2014) - http://support.volvocars.com/au/dow...8#mapdownloaddetails&53674e099bafa20b0812c154 . This is still showing as the current map update.

Whereis (the Australian map provider) - has just released the v21 DVD/CD for older Volvos without the free map downloads.

I just asked Volvo about this and there response was :

"Thank you for contacting Volvo Car Australia.

Our Sensus navigation systems normally get map updates around May of every year. We are expecting the latest update to become available around May of next year.

We hope this information has been helpful. You are welcome to contact us should you have further questions. Our business hours are Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm EDST."

Which means that there is no 2015 Map update in Australia - which i think would be unusual, and contradicts the November Annual map update cycle.......

Anyone have contacts higher up the food chain?

·
Registered
83 Posts
The European map has been updated on late April but since then nothing...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yeap agree, I think they've forgotten us. I also thought there'd be an update by now but nothing which is very odd. I keep checking every few days as I know our map is out of date at many places.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I suspect the map is available (after all the latest DVD for purchase has just been released for older DVD systems), but the cynic in me would think that Volvo Australia won't pay for it every year and possibly make it available every second year to save costs. Alternatively as has been proven with my previous contact with Volvo Australia they generally display very little product knowledge and usually have no idea - the map may very well be released this/next month as per the normal cycle.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've just sent them an email too, see what they say.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hopefully a few interested people may get them to move their arses into gear......

·
Registered
83 Posts
There is something what bothers me more. Just recently HERE (Volvo map provider) has been sold by Nokia to cars producers group (BMW, Mercedes-Benz and VAG). That could be the reason for possible upcoming termination of the lifetime MapCare feature.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are any of these groups related to TOM TOM Maps ? For some reason when following various Volvo map links I needed up at TOMTOM.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Almost word for word similar response as you received, not very impressed as it's obviously a pre-written text.

Our Sensus navigation systems normally get map updates around May of every year. We can confirm that the version on our website is the current version. We are expecting an update around May of next year, however, if it does not get released in May, we would expect it to come out around October/November of next year.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wonder what the conditions of the lifetime map update are. Pretty sure it said yearly.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Our Sensus navigation systems normally get map updates around May of every year. We can confirm that the version on our website is the current version. We are expecting an update around May of next year, however, if it does not get released in May, we would expect it to come out around October/November of next year.
Well it looks like May has come early.

As I was hoping and suspected, the person who sent out the email from Volvo had nfi. The new map looks like it is available. Here is to hoping it is, and not just a date change on the website.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well it looks like May has come early.

As I was hoping and suspected, the person who sent out the email from Volvo had nfi. The new map looks like it is available. Here is to hoping it is, and not just a date change on the website.
Nice one, thanks for the update, downloading now. I was also keeping an eye out but got tired of crossing my fingers every time I opened the site! lol.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think they've just changed the date, I can't get it to update and from what I see the version is the same as the 2014 version they had there before?!?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have done the download, but not the install. From memory there used to be a way of checking the installed version in the car....

·
Registered
40 Posts
My car shows 31421072 AA.

Version available is 31421073 so something is wrong at my end, tried 2 downloads and it won't start updating. I'll try another USB now.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have just done the update and it appears to have installed successfully. Now showing 31421073 AA

·
Registered
40 Posts
Took me 4 downloads and 3 USBs before I got it to run and now it's successfully in, weird but at least it's done.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks like this years Australian Maps are available..... presume the same for other countries too .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts