SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
https://www.givesendgo.com/GSBP

Hello Everyone,

My name is Connor MacFarland I am 17 years old from Merrimack NH. Unfortunately, Last week I totaled my car. As I was going around a corner a random patch of black ice made my tires lost traction. My car hit a tree head on at 40 mph. I feel like God saved me in that moment because it's a miracle I came out of that crash without a scratch on my body or any pain. Unfortunately my insurance company is refusing to pay out for the crash.

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
https://www.givesendgo.com/GSBP

Hello Everyone,

My name is Connor MacFarland I am 17 years old from Merrimack NH. Unfortunately, Last week I totaled my car. As I was going around a corner a random patch of black ice made my tires lost traction. My car hit a tree head on at 40 mph. I feel like God saved me in that moment because it's a miracle I came out of that crash without a scratch on my body or any pain. Unfortunately my insurance company is refusing to pay out for the crash.
Volvos are some tough, well built, machines. A family member of mine got T-Boned by an SUV going 65 MPH in my V40. Both occupants walked away from the crash without life threatening injuries. Drive (family member) did have some injury but could have been much worse.

Why won't insurance cover your vehicle? Generally, if you have full coverage, your vehicle should be covered where a claim can be filed under your own policy. Did you have only liability?

On the plus side, those Sadia Wheels walked away unscathed.

·
Registered
178 Posts
New Hampshire doesn't require insurance. A very stupid Live Free or Die right the state legislator grants the people of NH. If you can afford to self insure the state says it is ok to be without insurance. If I am correct and Mr. MacFarland didn't have insurance. He is lucky the tree can take him to tree court for damages. Great to see the S60 save a life. Does that mean Volvo corp is a pro life company??? (kidding at the irony..Did you click on his link for the appeal for donations?)

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
New Hampshire doesn't require insurance. A very stupid Live Free or Die right the state legislator grants the people of NH. If you can afford to self insure the state says it is ok to be without insurance. If I am correct and Mr. MacFarland didn't have insurance. He is lucky the tree can take him to tree court for damages. Great to see the S60 save a life. Does that mean Volvo corp is a pro life company??? (kidding at the irony..Did you click on his link for the appeal for donations?)
While you are right about NH, the OP's comment makes mention he is insured. Thus my question regarding type of coverage.

FYI to OP. Don't feel bad. At 17, I was in a roll over crash with a friend driving. Car had its roof caved in and landed upside down after flipping 5 or 6 times. Looking back retrospectively, it amazes me we live past our teenage years.

Unfortunately my insurance company is refusing to pay out for the crash.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's unbelievable, the front of the car seems to be very big dented, but you are not scratched, god bless you.
You should be careful when driving on snowy roads. Two years ago, my car collided with another car when I was driving on slippery snow. But fortunately, the impact was not too serious and I have mastered the situation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts