SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never underestimate the importance of ergonomics. I'm on the tall side (6'2") and had been fitting myself rather snugly into a Prius for the last 5 years or so. Great piece of engineering as it was, I never loved the driving position (couldn't get the seat far enough back). But I figured it was "fine" for the amount of time one usually spends in a car. A couple of years ago I started developing pain in my right knee. It's not like I'm terribly old (30's) so I figured it was bad shoes, too much/wrong exercise, bad genetics, blah blah blah. Wrong!

I came back to Volvo in August because we wanted a bigger car, and I knew from experience that it would be comfortable. Guess what? I haven't had an hour of knee pain since August. I can hardly believe it, but it was the freaking Prius all along. I haven't changed a single thing except the car.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
That's awesome!! I have had several knee surgeries, including knee replacement and it's not fun to be in pain. I drive our XC90 and love it!! I'll volunteer to drive anywhere with friends just so I'm comfortable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts