SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

Can you advise where I can find both these items :

1. LED tail lights (if there's such a thing)
2. A performance downpipe for the S80 (V8 model).

Thanks

SS

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Are you looking for OEM tail lights or something aftermarket because the OEM tail lights are already LED (the brake lights however are incandescent). You can get the OEM tail light on eBay or from any Volvo parts supplier I would think.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you looking for OEM tail lights or something aftermarket because the OEM tail lights are already LED (the brake lights however are incandescent). You can get the OEM tail light on eBay or from any Volvo parts supplier I would think.
Am looking at something aftermarket with LEDs all around if possible. I didn't realize that the OEM ones come with LED already (apart from the brake lights). Can anyone advise where I can get this ? ...

This and also the custom / aftermarket DP. Quite urgent ...

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Can anyone please advise on getting the downpipe for the Volvo?

Thanks
Yeah, don't. A NA engine like the V8 has a sweetspot for exhaust velocity, if you increase the pipe size you will actually lose exhaust velocity.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Am looking at something aftermarket with LEDs all around if possible. I didn't realize that the OEM ones come with LED already (apart from the brake lights). Can anyone advise where I can get this ? ...

This and also the custom / aftermarket DP. Quite urgent ...

Thanks!
I'd be surprised if anyone has actually made replacement tail lights for the S80 that are completely LED. The S80 doesn't really have the customer base for such a thing. You could potentially switch out the bulbs but you'll have to find ways around the bulb warnings. You'd need to change the brake lights, the turn indicators, the reverse light and the rear fog. As stated the tail lights are already LED and the running lights on the side of the housing are LED as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts