SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a volvo s60r that had the reduced engine performance warning light but i sent it to MAG volvo and they said "they cleaned some connectors and it went away". It now just has a check engine light on and when idling it is constantly changing rpm;s from .5 all the way to 2k.

On top of all this the other day when i went through a puddle that sprayed water in the front left wheel area the chasis service required message is now displaying. Is there an electrical sensor in the volvo front left wheel that could be disconnected?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Each strut has an electrical connector for the 4C Suspension. When you hit the puddle, the connector must have been either disconnected or is mispositioned. Take off the wheel and look around.

Im guessing your ETM(Electronic Throttle Module) is going south and cousing RPM flutter. You would have to get the CEL read first to start diagnosing anything.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
I have a volvo s60r that had the reduced engine performance warning light but i sent it to MAG volvo and they said "they cleaned some connectors and it went away". It now just has a check engine light on and when idling it is constantly changing rpm;s from .5 all the way to 2k.
Guessing games are fun!....I am going to guess that the spark plugs or coils?.....need to be replaced.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Weird Electrical S60R Problems

So I have this weird problem with my S60r was the car won't turn on sometimes, there's no power to anything on the dash, no click from ignition it acts like the battery is not even connected. But it's not easy to tell what the cause is because it has happened at all times of the day, in all temperatures and with every variable it seems like. No matter what I do it seems to happen for no reason at all. Sometimes the car with be on and it will just die and the same thing all power seems to be none existent except for the trunk lights and footwell lights. I've ruled out the battery as an issue, and all my fuses are fine, I'm not sure how to test a relay but it seems to me if it was a relay, then the problem wouldn't come and go. This started happening 3 days ago when the lights were left on and the battery died but since then the battery has been fully charged and checked and it's fine. Anyone had this happen before???:(:facepalm:

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Check your throttle body and maybe it needs to be cleaned. I had the same issue with reduced engine performance. I just replaced mine a few months ago. My mechanic also replaced the wiring harness for the TB when you do the job. It’s like $30 for the kit.

Don’t start throwing parts at it without VIDA. That is the only way to figure it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts