SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I got a quick question some stuff is just not adding up. OK so I have the camshaft lining tool on and the exhaust cam with the notches below the seem and in place. Also I have the Intake cam with the notches above the seem and locked in place. The problem that I have is the marks on the cogs are not lining up with the cover slots. even with the play that the VVT has still not coming close but cams are in place.
Here is a example pic of what I am talking about this is not my picture.

So the thing I want to know is who here on the forum is a CVVT guru that I can talk to about possible getting the degree of the play in the CVVT so if I was to rotate the cogs to line the marks up and keep the VVT in function. Because cams are in place....I don't know what could of had happened when the belt ripped. :angryfire:
Thanks guys any input is helpful going to make some calls on Monday.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Remove the hub and set it back (I think) its about 2 teeth from the mark and torque it down. Your cam seals were probably changed at some point and the hub wasent put on correctly

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Saw you called me earlier (about this?). Sorry... busy day so didn't have time to talk. Give me a ring tomorrow during the day - I'll be in the office so if I can't answer when you call, I will call you back when I get a second. Did you separate the gears/VVT units from the cams or leave them connected?

Here is from my install...

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...and-no-start&p=2400673&viewfull=1#post2400673

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...and-no-start&p=2400674&viewfull=1#post2400674

Are you going off the VIDA instructions by the way?

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
When I did my cam timing, I went through the extra trouble to also set up the timing marks correctly, but since the tools and actual timing process doesn't actually require you to do so the above is the result you get when a sloppy/lazy mechanic doesn't bother to do so.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Let me know if you need some instructions from VIDA as I have it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts