SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, a few weeks ago as the weather got colder I have started facing an issue whenever I cold start my car I get weird squeaking noise. At the moment I dont have any videos of it, but I found video of xc70 with the same problem which link I will leave bellow. I only get this sound on cold starts and for me it last usually for up to five seconds and then dissapears until another cold start (it doesn't come back when I start my car at operating temperature). So I wanted to ask you guys maybe you have faced the same problem and know what's wrong? My car is 2014 volvo s60 T6 (3.0)

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
How many miles? Are the accessory belts original? It sounds like bad belts in my opinion

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
My car started doing the same noise on cold starts only as well. I’m at about 64k miles now and the pcv was replaced last year at this time. Interested to see if that’s what it is again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
You can check if its the PCV by pulling out the dipstick. If the squeaking stops its the PCV

·
Registered
378 Posts
It’s not the belts, it comes from the turbo, Every p3 3L I’ve had has done this. High squealing noise on cold start up. Guess I should look more into it if it’s the PCV lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
My T6 does this same thing, only on cold startups (as in cold temps). I asked my dealer about it but because they couldn't replicate it while I was there (engine was warm), they couldn't diagnose.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Same here with my 3.0 T6. Starts at around 0 C and lower. Last a few seconds after startup. Never bothered to diagnose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.