SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone im new here, and to volvos. i just bought a 2012 volvo s60, and when i put it in sport mode it feels hard when it shifts? why is this and what can i do? also i know its not a sports car and only a 5 cil but can i upgrade the intakes and small things like that for power with out the sensors going off? also and good exhustes? im only 24 still young but the car was to good to pass over.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
The transmission is shifting at higher RPM in S compared to D. It will feel harder as a result. And downshifts will be jerkier too.

The throttle is also remapped so that a specific amount of pressure (or travel) in D is going to put a lot more gas into the engine in S. Based on "Throttle %" readings off the OBD port, I figure about 20% higher in S.

That translates into even more power going into the transmission when it shifts.

You can avoid the hard shifts by remaining in "D" or manually shifting.

Yes, you can make all kinds of mods (and there are lots of the vendors here on Swedespeed). I have no experience with those mods myself. I'm not doing anything to my car that would void the warranty (or cause the dealer to claim a problem is caused by the mods). I have wired in a ham radio and portable GPS, added additional 12V outlets in the cabin and trunk.

I find that 250HP puts me in the top 10% on the road...

Don't forget Polestar.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts