SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The Volvo S60 launch on AOL seems to have been a success. Since the October 15th launch, more than 1 million users have visited Revolvolution.Com, with over 41 million website hits. More than 20,000 people have configured their own Volvo S60 online and contacted a local Volvo retailer.

Volvo S60 Launch a Success on AOL

-Drew

[This message has been edited by InDy (edited 01-18-2001).]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Actually, the Wall Street Journal ran a follow-up last week which had both dealers and VCNA expressing disappointment with the web launch strategy. Dealers said they didn't get the showroom traffic they wanted and a Volvo exec said (I'm paraphrasing): "I don't think we'd try that again."

Volvo was basically out of marketing money by last fall, having spent heavily to launch the 40 series and the new XC. They had to launch the 60 on the cheap. So the web launch was really an attempt to make necessity look like a strategy

[This message has been edited by BearX220 (edited 01-19-2001).]

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The funny thing is, I have seen more Volvo commercials this month on TV than I have ever seen. They have been running the Volvo "New Direction" S60 commercials a lot. They also run the "Sea Turtle" and "Arctic Circle" commercials for the new V70 XC all the time. It is nice to see these commercials on TV finally. I think that they give the company and cars a lot more exposure.

-Drew

[This message has been edited by InDy (edited 01-22-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts