SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have an S60 R Design on a 14 plate and it is making a knocking noise from what I think is the rear passenger side. It happens mainly when I hit very small bumps at low speed only on the N/S of the car.

Every single thing has been checked underneath by two garages (both excellent) and its all tight and solid, no play in anything (it had new shocks 3 months ago as they were weeping but still the same noise happens)

I have emptied the boot, dropped the rear seats, removed the tool kit, checked the head lining and lubricated all the locks with grease but no change.

Any ideas as to what else I can check in this area? is it worth checking the top mount inside the car? not sure how to get to it though!

Thanks all!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Have you checked the nuts on the sway bar end links? Usually when I have a sound like that it tends to be a bit of play in the sway bar.

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
It almost sounds like swaybar endlinks to me - when the bushings degrade you'll get a knocking sound from very small bumps but this is pretty obvious I would have expected the shops you took it to would have figured that out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
S60 Knocking

It almost sounds like swaybar endlinks to me - when the bushings degrade you'll get a knocking sound from very small bumps but this is pretty obvious I would have expected the shops you took it to would have figured that out.
That's exactly what I thought.. maybe I'll clamber underneath and have a look at the weekend... it sounds more like a rattling tailgate, it does it over the smallest of bumps at very slow speed. if I go over speed bumps evenly it doesn't make a sound

1 - 4 of 4 Posts