SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

During this last week I have noticed that when I put the car into "drive" the car jolts forwards. when I put into reverse its very smooth.. The gear change is very smooth, the car has only done 70,000 miles. This started to happen in August but quickly went away then it came back in October for a couple of days and again went away, but now its back again.

I don't know if this will help but the last 2 mornings when I start the car from cold and put in "drive" that was smooth it only seems when the car warmed up..

Any ideas why this is happening

Thanks

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Hi

During this last week I have noticed that when I put the car into "drive" the car jolts forwards. when I put into reverse its very smooth.. The gear change is very smooth, the car has only done 70,000 miles. This started to happen in August but quickly went away then it came back in October for a couple of days and again went away, but now its back again.

I don't know if this will help but the last 2 mornings when I start the car from cold and put in "drive" that was smooth it only seems when the car warmed up..

Any ideas why this is happening

Thanks
What year, model and engine?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had the same problem once but it went away. People suggested doing a trans adaptation (via Vida).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Driving home tonight and it now ok.. just disappeared.. trans adaptation - do you mean a software update??.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Driving home tonight and it now ok.. just disappeared.. trans adaptation - do you mean a software update??.
I think he means resetting the transmission counter. I believe the transmission uses it to adapt the shifts as the fluid ages.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts