SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a Volvo s60 2.5t and it didn't come with manual mode so I took the shifter one out of a Volvo s40 2.4 that has the manual mode. Can I put this in my car and have no issues? They are the same year

·
Registered
512 Posts
Do you mean the knob only ? The round top part that we put the hand on ? If it has the same large button and shape, then I would only guess it should do. It should have the same rod - same length as well. I have on my 03 without manual mode a knob from an S80 with manual mode (of course, there will be no manual function, just the writing on the knob is different) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYnBdt9Iclk

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Totally different shifters in the S40 and S60. I'm not sure if it's as simple as just replacing the shifter assembly to get the manual shifting function, that's something you'll want to research.
If you can't find any info, start a thread with a more specific title.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, even though the same base trans, the ones with and without geartronic, are not 100% the same... Also pretty sure there's programming in the TCM as well for the manual shift operation. Really swapping in a trans with it included and the TCM for it is the only way I can see it working. Not all models came with it unfortunately.

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts