SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
651 Posts
Re: Volvo S40 T5 - 1yr Review 17k (volvoNB)

Quote, originally posted by volvoNB »
FYI, Automobile mag has completed a long term review of the 2.4i in their latest issue. The cover has a Bugatti Veyron on it. Aside from a few quirks, the overall review seems good. I think they put on 30k miles on it.
I just got it yesterday
overall review is very positive
Pros
Slick gearbox
high tech interior
comfortable seats

Cons
Loose steering rack
back seat tightness

The few problems they had with the car was a steering rack clunk on full lock and loss of steering response(their dealer found a few bolts loose on the steering rack, and they tightened them, but the steering still "wasn't like a BMW M3"), a faulty starter control module, and a loose driver door seal. They also commented on how the aluminum trim dents,and the headrests intrude on comfort when you're reclined. . They liked everything else about the car, the smoothness of the engine,the growly sound it makes on "initial acceleration", the styling, the interior design, the gearbox/clutch,and fuel economy. They got a 0-60 time of 8.2, and 0-100 in 22.1(2.4i manual).

http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
651 Posts
Re: (Oldman)

Quote, originally posted by Oldman »
http://www.edmunds.com/insidel...04830

Most editors liked how the S40 drove and logbook entries regularly said the car had "character," was "well balanced" and had "quicker than expected" reflexes. But for every one positive comment on the car's handling or power there were three or four even more positive comments on the S40's style. Road Test Editor Brian Moody said, "This is a really sharp-looking car. I'm proud to show up at the valet or a friend's house whenever I'm driving the S40. I even catch myself looking back at it as I'm walking away from the parking lot."
ya edmunds did like the s40. all magazines have had positive reviews of the S40, except in a recent Road and Track Comparo where it came in dead last

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.