SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Not bad, try some DOT leagal R-comps and you will be even more surprised. I am a little spoiled by all of the mid engine cars that I have owned. I think every one I have had stopped from 60 in less than 100 ft with really grippy warm tires.

The V50 with 320mm brakes and sticky tires does much better than I expected. On par with a stock 1994 MR2 turbo. The funny thing is, I think the smaller rotor cars actually stop a bit quicker... but only the first time.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
i was gunna say, we'd be lucky to stop shorter than 120ft from 60mph.
my nissan pathfinder can stop shorter than the volvo- or so it feels... my problem is that my baseline is for stopping distance is from brand new cars or performance cars that do it in under 100ft.
my s40 had some of my least favorite pedal feel and initial bite. But its definitely better with new pads and rotors.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Stainless lines and DOT4 help a good bit too. My pedal feel is greatly improved. Next upgrade is 320mm rear rotors.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I'm really tempted to do some brake upgrades, however, I'm planning on getting an s60r in the next year or so, so it's probably worth me just maintaining this car well until then.
My car has only got the 205/45/17 tyre also, so those didn't give it the best chances but for my first car, I have nothing to complain about. It has been an extremely trustworthy & solid car up until this point even while being driven quite hard (obviously not in any way dangerous....).
I don't see many people doing POV testing with these cars so hopefully I'll be able to upload some more when I have time. And maybe I can even include an outside view or something a bit creative.
If anyone has any suggestions on what they'd like to see let me know :D, happy driving!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Yeah, I'm really tempted to do some brake upgrades, however, I'm planning on getting an s60r in the next year or so, so it's probably worth me just maintaining this car well until then.
My car has only got the 205/45/17 tyre also, so those didn't give it the best chances but for my first car, I have nothing to complain about. It has been an extremely trustworthy & solid car up until this point even while being driven quite hard (obviously not in any way dangerous....).
I don't see many people doing POV testing with these cars so hopefully I'll be able to upload some more when I have time. And maybe I can even include an outside view or something a bit creative.
If anyone has any suggestions on what they'd like to see let me know :D, happy driving!
I run POV in 1080P front and rear with g-sensor in an endless loop. I suspect that a lot of others do too. It's just none of us post videos of our exploits. For example, recently raced a C5 off the line in the rain. Vettes don't have traction in the rain.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah ok cool, do you mean POV or dashcam view? I'm hoping to be able to mount a camera in a better location but my dashcam is all I've got currently. Hopefully I'll be able to make some more videos showing certain things and if anyone feels like checking out any other of my driving videos you may enjoy them as I take driving fairly seriously and am going to be working on my channel a lot from now! :D thanks everyone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts