SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all this is my first time posting in this forum because well I am actually now driving a newer Volvo. I went from a 850 to a 05 s40 2.4i. I am currently looking to do some mods to my car but I want to know if you guys had any picture of Volvo's without body kits on them. I rarely see any without an elevate body kit of a r body kit on them so i wanted to gauge what the look would be like without a body kit. Thank you and I will post pictures and progress when it is made!

·
Super Moderator
2,989 Posts
You can find a lot of what you are looking for in the "what does your car look like thread". You'd be surprised that body kits aren't as common as you think.
Pick the mods tastefully and the car will look great. I wouldn't call mine "done up" as I probably have the least possible combination of cosmetic mods of anyone here. This is it, it looks stock.

·
Super Moderator
15,145 Posts
How did you do those tail lights?!? Any issues with brightness between tail lights and brake lights? That's my biggest fear.

If you want to see everything I've done, check this thread or my website.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Made from 5mm Red LEDs.
Removed the plastic reflector and placed the LEDs on a board.
The tail lights dose not have a check, so no problem with them.
For the break lights, I got device that cheats the computer, but wen I open it there was just 3 SMD resistors from 220Ohm 1W in parallel.

I don't see what issue might be in brightness?

·
Super Moderator
15,145 Posts
It's common for the brightness in aftermarket taillights to be too similar to the brake lights.

Just a warning, but when having smoked or modified taillights in the US: If you get rear ended, you could be the one getting the ticket for having tinkered with a safety feature.

That's what scares me from converting my tails to LEDs, but I really like what you did! I may convert just the tail lights to LEDs but leave my brake lights as normal bulbs. Good work :thumbup:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Good point, but the led light is much much more intensive, so much better in bad weather.
The brightness is the same I thing, because I used the same leds.
But I don't see much difference in the stock ones either.
I did not know that there should be a difference between tail and break lights.

·
Super Moderator
15,145 Posts
I've seen some cars with brake lights that light up more than the tail lights. But maybe it's just the location and not brightness on our cars :confused: I'm going to have to go check this!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts