SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<A HREF="http://www.volvodrive.com" TARGET=_blank>www.volvodrive.com</A> will be 6/7-9 in DC and I didn't notice the dates for Boston. Ben and I are signed up for the 6/7 function in DC if anyone wants to meet.<P>

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
In the email notification I received, they also mentioned that there'll be professional drivers giving us hot laps in a Volvo racecar.<P>It's not goint to be an ETCC car I believe, even though that's what's pictured on the site. I believe it's going to be one of the S60 challenge cars, as they had two of these brought into the country.<P>Here's the text from my invite.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>It's the hottest invitation to the coolest event in town.<BR>You may have heard about the Volvo Fire and Ice Driving Experience. Now it's coming to the DC Metro area. You probably know Volvo as a worldwide leader in automotive safety. Now you can see how we've taken cutting-edge safety innovations to a whole new level - by marrying them to world-class design and performance. From the stunning Volvo Safety Concept Car to the award-winning Volvo S60, to our flagship, the double five-star crash-test rated Volvo S80*, thrilling surprises await you at the Volvo Fire and Ice Driving Experience.<P>Test your driving skills on the "Winter in Sweden" course.<BR>Take the new Volvo S60 AWD for a spin through slippery acceleration zones, sandy corners, and wet and dry slalom courses. Even avoid a moose! See how Volvo's unique active safety features help you stay on course and in control. <BR>Feel the fire of our "Summer in Le Mans" hot lap.<BR>Strap yourself into the new and improved Model Year 2002.5 Volvo S80 T6 or the Volvo S60 T5 and push it to its limits. You may even take a full-speed lap around our raceway with one of our professional drivers in the Volvo S60 Racing Car. Either way, get ready for the ride of your life! <BR>Get ready to be impressed by the beautifully redesigned new Volvos and see the perfect marriage of safety, design and performance. Enjoy complimentary refreshments in a no-pressure, no-salesperson environment. It's all here at the Volvo Fire and Ice Driving Experience. <BR>Call 1-877-668-3800 or go to <A HREF="http://www.volvocars.com/drive" TARGET=_blank>www.volvocars.com/drive</A> to preregister. <BR>Space is limited, so please preregister today. This invitation admits two adults. Please bring your valid driver's license. This is a fun event - no Volvo salespeople will be present. Refreshments will be served, and the event will go on, rain or shine. <BR>The place, dates and times are:<BR>FedExField<BR>1600 Fedex Way, Landover, MD<P>Saturday, June 1 - 9 am, 12 Noon, 3 pm<BR>Sunday, June 2 - 9 am, 12 Noon, 3 pm<BR>Friday, June 7 - 4 pm<BR>Saturday, June 8 - 9 am, 12 Noon, 3 pm<BR>Sunday, June 9 - 9 am, 12 Noon, 3 pm<BR>Each session is three hours long. <BR>Directions: <BR>From Maryland (Montgomery & Howard Counties):<BR>Take 495 / I-95 South to exit 17B Landover Road West. Take first left onto Brightseat (******* Road). Turn right onto FedEx Way (around the stadium). Turn right onto Summerfield Blvd. Turn right into Parking Lot A10. <BR>From Baltimore:<BR>Take I-95 South to 495 South towards Richmond. Then follow the Maryland directions. <BR>From Washington DC:<BR>Take East Capitol St. (it turns into Central Ave. East). Turn left onto Summerfield Blvd. Turn left into Parking Lot A10. <BR>From Northern Virginia:<BR>Take 495 / I-95 North to exit 15B Central Avenue West. Turn right onto Summerfield Blvd. Turn left into Parking Lot A10. <BR>* The Volvo S80 received the government's five-star/five-star crash-test rating. <BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>[This message has been edited by [email protected] (edited 05-30-2002).]

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
George,<BR>So..you will be there to participate or...?<P>I think I might join you, too...give me a call let me know if you want to drive up there together.<P>There is also another event on Sunday in PA, held by DTMPower guys and a Ferrari dealer and few others...I will have more detail later day. Let me know if you would be interested, too.<P>

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Kai, I'm there to attend, though I'll be bringing my camera to see if I can cover this type of event as an article.<P>I'm RSVPed for the noon session. Paul and David (at the Annapolis show) are also booked for that time. If you get in to that time (i.e. it's not booked) let me know. I might ride over there with you. We have an OR V70 XC out of the pool right now that Paul has, so I might ride over with you and give him a ride home in the OR so I can then drive it home and have it the remainder of the stay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts