SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I fell asleep driving, I was running on fumes. I was driving down a dark curvy road. Then the next thing I knew I woke up lodged between two trees. There's 50 different ways I could've died, if Volvo didn't build their cars the way that they do. Thank you my guardian angels at Volvo :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss.

Very glad you're alive.

I wouldn't want any other brand keeping my family safe.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I'd say even with a Volvo you're still lucky to be alive in that crash. If you had slid into the trees sideways, you could easily have been killed.

Bummer about the car though, looks like it was a nice ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd say even with a Volvo you're still lucky to be alive in that crash. If you had slid into the trees sideways, you could easily have been killed.

Bummer about the car though, looks like it was a nice ride.
Yeah, the police that I was dead before he saw me. It was crazy.

The one positive things out of it was that I got a '12 C30 r design :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
My accident wasn't as bad as yours but I feel the same -- Thank you Volvo, for keeping me safe. The airbag deployed with just the right amount of force and the WHIPS and other safety features worked well. Volvo On Call responded to ask if I was trapped and called 911 for me. I only had minor scratches and bruises. Car was a total loss after only 6 months and 8400 miles following OSD last December.

I have just bought another Volvo -- duh, that was an easy decision. If I can figure out how to post pictures of the car, I will. Not as dramatic as yours though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My accident wasn't as bad as yours but I feel the same -- Thank you Volvo, for keeping me safe. The airbag deployed with just the right amount of force and the WHIPS and other safety features worked well. Volvo On Call responded to ask if I was trapped and called 911 for me. I only had minor scratches and bruises. Car was a total loss after only 6 months and 8400 miles following OSD last December.

I have just bought another Volvo -- duh, that was an easy decision. If I can figure out how to post pictures of the car, I will. Not as dramatic as yours though.
I'm glad you're alright! Sucks that it was brand new, but hopefully insurance covered it mostly... I might have other project cars, but Volvo will always be my daily drive

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow. That is amazing you walked away from that. Nothing broken ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Miracle

Oh dear. What had you've been through. Were you still sleeping after the accident? Cause I don't see how can someone been in a deep sleep while he was driving in speed (the wreck tells us your car was in a good speed). I hope nothing serious had happened to you.

Stay well, and be aware next time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts